Lister didn't copy the search result selection

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

byblo

Lister didn't copy the search result selection

Post by *byblo »

If I search text in lister, as instance : blabla

If blabla exist in text, it will be show and selected, but when I try to copy it using CTRL+C, I have an error message : "Nothing Selected"

I have after that to select manually blabla before copying it.

Its more a wish than a bug..
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

byblo
It is not selection, it is just highlighting.
Use search, it has already been discussed.
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

[mod]Moved to TC 7 beta discussion forum.

Hacker (Moderator)[/mod]
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
JFierce7

Post by *JFierce7 »

Hi - I just came across a similar problem. If you search for some string it will be hilighted if found. If you now select something both blocks look quite the same which is rather confusing.

I'd say, selecting something should reset the hilight, shouldn't it?
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

JFierce7 wrote:I'd say, selecting something should reset the hilight, shouldn't it?
No, it shouldn't. Take a look at e.g. EmEditor: it highlighs all the found entries with (by default) green background, and when you select some text this search highlighting remains visible.
The only problem in TC is that the highlighting and selecting look identically while they are two quite different things. That's the source of the confusion.
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Clo

Set a colour ?

Post by *Clo »

2Flint

:)Hello K. !
The only problem in TC is that the highlighting and selecting look identically while they are two quite different things.
That's the source of the confusion.
• Hence, we could request to set a different colour in the Configuration of Lister ?

- Unfortunately, that dialogue is full to bursting, so it should need a total rebuild… :?

:mrgreen: FR
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

Clo wrote:Hence, we could request to set a different colour in the Configuration of Lister ?
Yep, and IIRC it has already been requested not so long ago.
Clo wrote:- Unfortunately, that dialogue is full to bursting, so it should need a total rebuild…
Just two more lines into the "Others" combobox ("Highlighted text", "Highlighted background"). Not so large an addition, I think. Though, some redesign is not an evil thing, but it needs much more time to plan it, to discuss, to select the best implementation (I've seen your suggestion, but I'm not sure it's the best one, sorry) etc. And, of course, it's not for 7.0...

Clo

Not there

Post by *Clo »

2Flint

:) I meant : The own Lister Configuration box, not the General colours page…

• For this one, I'll have to remake a mock-up, because the most useful improvements have been “skipped”… :(

:mrgreen: FR
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
szlori

Post by *szlori »

Since TC Lister cannot "mark all appearances" of a text, just one by one.
I would suggest that the found "highlighted" text should actually be a selection.

What would that heart?
On the other hand however, it could be useful (as in the case of this thread's originator).
Also no need for a separate color then.
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

It would be nice to see a new item in Lister's Options -> Configure menu that would let us choice about selection or highlighting after search - that way everyone could set what they prefer. :roll: