Quick search focus rectangle

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Valentino
Power Member
Power Member

Quick search focus rectangle

Post by *Valentino »

Quick search focus rectangle is almost invisible with certain bacground and foreground colors. This problem was reported long time ago and still not solved. Can it be solved at last? :)
I see there is a space on Quick Search page of Options dialog where the color choser can be nicely placed :)
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

The quick search focus rectangle uses just an inverse cursor to make clear that the focus is now mainly in the quick search window. An inverse cursor should inprinciple be visible on all possible colors. What color settings do you use?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Valentino
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Valentino »

ghisler(Author) wrote:The quick search focus rectangle uses just an inverse cursor to make clear that the focus is now mainly in the quick search window. An inverse cursor should inprinciple be visible on all possible colors. What color settings do you use?
My color settings are:

Code: Select all

[Colors]
InverseCursor=0
InverseSelection=0
BackColor=6381914
ForeColor=65280
MarkColor=16777215
CursorColor=16777215
CursorText=-1
ThumbnailFrame=-1
BackColor2=-1
So back is R90 G97 B97, fore is R0 G255 B0, but qucik search focus rectangle is alternate pixels of R0 G0 B0 and R90 G158 B97 :shock: :roll:
How 158 is obtained? If it was green (my fore color), probably it would be more visible. But currently it takes some time to find it, it's too dim. Probably you'll fix smth in your algorithm of calculating this color but it would be more flexible if you also provide way to redefine it in Settings and your calculated values would be just suggested as default.
now

Post by *now »

The color is also affected by what color the focused panel-entry has. The focus is drawn with alternating pixels in (some sort of) black and the inverse of the color of the panel-entry.
Valentino
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Valentino »

All files in my list have green color (R0 G255 B0), whether they selected or not. So inverted color would be R255 G0 B255, but actually it is R90 G158 B97.