Possible issue: plugin names appear all-lowercase in \ list

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Possible issue: plugin names appear all-lowercase in \ list

Post by *wanderer »

Recently i've installed some plugins (specifically passstore and wfx_mail). For some reason they appear all lowercase in the "\" list. I've made a few tests, installing from TC6.56 and from TC7b2 and it seems that those plugins when installed from TC7b2 appear all-lowercase in TC6.56. In one case, wfx_mail appeared lowercase in TCv7b2 too. There is a chance of a small bug here so i'm reporting it hoping others can confirm it or not.
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Normally using latest TC on:
x32: WinXPx32 SP3
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.
sqa_wizard
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *sqa_wizard »

NOT confirmed.

The plugin names appearance in the "\" list is just the way they are entered at [FileSystemPlugins] section.

e.g.

Code: Select all

UnInstaller=%Commander_path%\Plugins\wfx\Uninst\UnInstTC.wfx
is shown as "UnInstaller"

while

Code: Select all

unINSTALLER=%Commander_path%\Plugins\wfx\Uninst\UnInstTC.wfx
is shown as "unINSTALLER"
#5767 Personal license
wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *wanderer »

Ok, here's a little better description of the issue:

PC#1
I installed wfx_mail but i cannot remember from which TC version. it has been installed as "MAIL" in [FileSystemPlugins]. Passcode has been installed as "passcode".
I can confirm it tomorrow but i think both of them appear lowercase in the "\" list in both TC versions.

PC#2
I installed wfx_mail from TC 7.0b2. it has been installed as "MAIL" in [FileSystemPlugins]. Passcode has been installed as "passcode".
In TC6.56 "\" list, they both appear lowercase.
In TC7, passcode appears lowercase and MAIL appears as "Mail".

Apparently there are some changes in how they appear. TC7 seems to handle better the low/uppercase thing. Perhaps all lowercase items should also have their first letter capitalized too. In any case, it's the plugin author's responsibility to alter the installation name.
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

wanderer
Is Configuration -> Display -> Show old 8.3 names lowercase option set?
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *wanderer »

Flint wrote:wanderer
Is Configuration -> Display -> Show old 8.3 names lowercase option set?
Yes it is. That was making the difference. :) Thanks for the tip. It's a "new" for TC7 though. In v6.x it just makes them all lowercase, in v7 it capitalizes the first letter.
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯