sftp bug

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ccr

sftp bug

Post by *ccr »

hello,
i tested the integrated sftp way (strg+f + servername with ftps://) with the openssl dll(s). it worked fine except against local addresses that only had an ip address in their name...
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Just a small note - that's FTPS, not SFTP.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

What problems did you encounter?

I have Raidenftpd on the local computer, and TC can connect to it without any problems, either by giving localhost:22 or 127.0.0.1:22 as the address. RaidenFTPd doesnt' seem to allow FTPS connections on port 21, though.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
mhtcf

Post by *mhtcf »

I also have successfully connected via ftps locally but I can not get past "Get Directory" when connecting from outside my network. I'm using zftpserver through a Netgear router. Port 21 is forwarded but when I connect from outside (last tried with with tc7.0b3) I sucessfully connect and log in but get "stuck" at the TotalCmd window "Download" with "Get Directory" as the message. Not sure if this is a TC issue but any help would be appreciated.
-Michael H
Personal license #2601
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Remember that FTP and FTPS uses the indicated port only for the control connections. The data and directories are sent via random ports between 1024 and 65535. Since the control connection is encrypted, stateful packet inspection will not work. You need to
- restrict the ftp data ports in the ftp server to a specific rrange, e.g. 60000 to 65000
- redirect these ports in the firewall to your server computer
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com