Change settings file directly funny behaviour

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Change settings file directly funny behaviour

Post by *SanskritFritz »

I chose the Change Settings Files Directly menu, and much to my surprise, PSPad was opened with the ini files.
Knowing, that Christian is not willing to change that behaviour, i was wery surprised, so started to search for the culprit. The solution was, that the current folder of TC was the PSPad folder, where a notepad.exe exists, which simply routes to PSPad.
So, when TC looks for notepad.exe, it looks first in the current directory. So far so good.
But after closing PSPad, and choosing again Change Settings Files Directly, the files were opened in notepad! Note, that i didnt change anyting in TC.
So I fired up Process Explorer, and saw, that TC's current directory is the opposite panels directory. Strange. Changing to another directory and back to PSPad, changed the current directory back.
This is all too strange for me. The only reason I'm writing this, that maybe this is an unexpected behaviour in TC which could later lead to problems, Christian it is up to you if you want to check this out.
:D
I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!
Stance
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Stance »

In TC7 you can create a em_command with the path to PSPad.exe and add %commander_ini% as parameter.
Calling that em_command from your mainmenu/buttonbar will open the current TC-Ini.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2SanskritFritz
So, when TC looks for notepad.exe, it looks first in the current directory
Not exactly. TC first looks in its own program directory (%COMMANDER_PATH%) - thereafter it looks in the current directory, and finally it looks in the environment PATH.

See also http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?p=105354#105354
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar