FSE-Fast Search Engine plugin

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

2guent peer
I found the plugin that causes the problem: It's the iso plugin
Hmm. I'm not sure, because I also use this plugin long time and never seen such behavior. Beside of this I just cannot imagine how packer plugin could interfere to double click on pdf or mp3 file???
guent peer

Post by *guent peer »

2VadiMGP

If I remove the plugin everything is ok. As soon as I install it again, the error is reproduced.

If I just install your plugin and the iso plugin on a otherwise clean installation everything works as it should. So there seems to be an additional third (or maybe even a fourth?!) plugin interfering. Unfortunaly, I have lots of plugins installed, so it will not be easy to find what combination causes the problem.

Edit: Also the 7zip plugin is involved. I have to remove either the iso-plugin or the 7zip plugin to get the new feature working. On the other hand, on a clean install with both the iso as well as the 7zip-plugin everything works as it should :roll:

Obviously things are very complicated!
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

Two good news:
1. In new version Locate32 (3.0.7.2110) fixed bug with non-ASCII filenames.
2. New version FSE is available. Added features are:
- Save/Load preset
- Restrict searct to specific directory
- Program FSEStart to launch search or to invoke search dialog from button bars and shortcuts.
StickyNomad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StickyNomad »

2VadiMGP

Thanks for this new release!
Program FSEStart to launch search or to invoke search dialog from button bars and shortcuts.
...and special thanks for this one :wink:

Also the new option to restrict search to a specific directory is great! One little remark though: When cycling between the dialog controls with TAB, the 'only in'-field is the very last one that gets activated, perhaps you can adjust the TAB-order... TIA
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

2StickyNomad
and special thanks for this one
I knew that you'll like it. :) Of course, integrated solution is more elegant, but "better a small fish than an empty dish".
perhaps you can adjust the TAB-order..
No problem.
StickyNomad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StickyNomad »

2VadiMGP
better a small fish than an empty dish
I'm already fine with that little fella :)

But I noticed one little more thing:

When I start a new search using the 'New Search' item, the 'folder' containing the search results is immediately opened after the search finishes (when not started in a separate thread), which is great.
But If I use 'FSEstart.exe', I have to open the search results 'folder' manually after search is finished. Is that intentional?
No problem.
Thanks!
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

2StickyNomad
But If I use 'FSEstart.exe', I have to open the search results 'folder' manually after search is finished. Is that intentional?
Of course, not. It is disadvantage of running command through plugin's "backdoor" instead of "conventional" way. But don't worry, I plan to do this in the next version.
StickyNomad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StickyNomad »

2VadiMGP
OK, thanks. If it is a little disadvantage as you said, maybe you can implement this as an option, e.g. with an INI-entry like 'FSEstartOpenSearch=[0|1]' or sth like that.
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

2StickyNomad
Why you need this as option? Why not to open serch result always if search already finished?
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Problem with offline files in search result

Post by *Horst.Epp »

There is a problem when the search result contains offline files.
Using locate directly this is no problem, the results are shown and the type field shows deleted/moved/offline file after some time.
Using the plugins TC hangs in this case forever.
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

guent peer wrote:Unfortunately, I now get an error, when I doubleclick on the search results: "....is not a valid RAR archive!". The same happens when I try ctrl+arrow left/right. Additionally the icons vanish. Is this possibly an error due to beta 4?

Edit: If I doubleclick a second time, I get the message "File not found". Also nice: if I click on the arrow to step up to the parent directory after I doubleclicked on a search result, I get to the marked search result :shock:
The plugin fhRAR produces that error in my installation.
Removed that plugin and all works fine, even with a lot of other plugins installated (7zip, ISO and others)
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

2Horst.Epp
1. What do you mean "offline files"? Files from network shared resources?
2. When TC hangs? During search itself or later, when you attempt to jump to these files?
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

VadiMGP wrote:2Horst.Epp
1. What do you mean "offline files"? Files from network shared resources?
2. When TC hangs? During search itself or later, when you attempt to jump to these files?
1. Yes, from network resources.
2. It hangs without any search results shown
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

2Horst.Epp
1. But how you've created Locate database? You scan mapped drive? UNC path?

2. What happens uf you get full path of such offline file from locate32 output and type in TC command
"cd <offline_full_filename>"?
guent peer

Post by *guent peer »

2Horst.Epp
The plugin fhRAR produces that error in my installation.
Removed that plugin and all works fine, even with a lot of other plugins installated (7zip, ISO and others)
Quite interesting! This also works for me (I mean removing the fhRAR instead of the ISO or the 7zip plugin). Seems to me that this problem is complex.