Total Commander Forum Index Total Commander
Forum - Public Discussion and Support

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AnyELF - a new lister plugin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Total Commander Forum Index -> Plugins and addons: devel.+support (English) Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Serge1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: AnyELF - a new lister plugin Reply with quote

Hi,

(This is my first post at this forum.)

I just announced a new lister plugin at totalcmd-net. It is called AnyELF.

I would appreciate any feedback regarding the plugin. Any proposals for improvement are very welcomed.

The plugin is open sourced – please let me know if you have any comments and/or suggestions regarding the sources too.

Best regards,
Serge
hs2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice plugin Serge Smile Thanks !
ehab

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i tested 2 different targets:

Machine: Intel 80386

and

Machine: Advanced Micro Devices X86-64 processor

works fine on both Very Happy

now i need to find some usage for it.

thanks for also sharing the sources.
#181344 Personal licence
iana

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of tanks a lot for the new plugin, good job Smile

I Didn't think this dll would work under XP but it does, anyway can you tweak the VC11 project file so the min required OS version isn't set to 6.0 but to 5.01

What font are you using, how about an option to change the font, maybe try a Monospaced font?
Serge1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iana wrote:
First of tanks a lot for the new plugin, good job Smile

Thanks to all for the compliments

iana wrote:
I Didn't think this dll would work under XP but it does, anyway can you tweak the VC11 project file so the min required OS version isn't set to 6.0 but to 5.01

I'll look at this. Should not be a problem, but, I never did this before. If you are aware, would you please advise what property/configuration of the project should be tweaked?

iana wrote:
What font are you using, how about an option to change the font, maybe try a Monospaced font?

Currently, the plugin uses system stock fonts. For ANSI - ANSI_FIXED_FONT and for ASCII - SYSTEM_FIXED_FONT. They are supposed to be Monospaced. Don't you see a fixed font output on your system?

I also think that it would be preferred to use natural lister fonts for this purpose. I have asked related question at topic ?t=16547 (I have no permission to post URL yet). I am waiting for a reply on it...
iana

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I'll look at this. Should not be a problem, but, I never did this before. If you are aware, would you please advise what property/configuration of the project should be tweaked?

I don't have vs2012 but in the old versions you could set the OS version 2 ways
1. using a command line option adding these two values /D "WINVER=0x0501" /D "_WIN32_WINNT=0x0501" in the compiler options in visual studio, right-click the project select Configuration Properties->C/C++->Command Line and paste that line there
2. in the stdafx.h you can define the minimum OS that's to be supported, add these 2 definitions
#define WINVER 0x0501
#define _WIN32_WINNT 0x0501
It might be better to use 0x0500 (aka 2k) but VS 2012 doesn't support 2k, and it supports XP only with SP1 installed.
As you're building a 64bit dll too don't forget to add an if before defining the WINWER to 0x0501
#if defined(WIN32)
#endif
It might be easier to use the command line project options and use the /D switch to define win32 to 0X0501 for the 32bit build and don't edit the include files.

About the font, it maybe the font I've selected in lister, I'm not sure what font it is, it doesn't look monospaced but it could be, the size is too small,
here's a screenshot of your plugin viewing a linux application, the font is hard to read
Image: http://i.imgur.com/R3zcb.png

edit: after staring at the font I see it is a monospaced font but personally I don't like it it's too small.

ps. About posting links I think you need to be a member a week or two or have 5 posts but you'll be there soon, and the author reads these pages regularly so you'll probably get an answer soon.
Serge1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iana wrote:

1. using a command line option adding these two values /D "WINVER=0x0501" /D "_WIN32_WINNT=0x0501" in the compiler options in visual studio, right-click the project select Configuration Properties->C/C++->Command Line and paste that line there

Thank you for the advice. I am using these settings for a new lister plugin AnyCmd (which will be announced soon) and for future versions of AnyELF.

The font size problem is not resolved though.
Serge1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:46 am    Post subject: Re: AnyELF - a new lister plugin Reply with quote

Hi,

I'd like to announce availability of a minor update for this plugin. The plugin version 1.2 is based on ELFIO library version 2.1 and adds possibility of .dynamic section dump output.

Best regards,
Serge
billiebub

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great plugin however it crashes when viewing MN10300 ELF with error "External exception E06D7363". Works fine with other architectures though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Total Commander Forum Index -> Plugins and addons: devel.+support (English) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: