Volume label is displayed in lower case

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Like a charm---

Post by *MVV »

Clo wrote:• Maybe some section redirection, or you didn't write in the good INI ? :roll:

PS :  :P MVV removed his post… ;)
You're right, I'd added RedirectSection=0, and now all is right.
satyr

Post by *satyr »

karlchen wrote:Hm, I guess this is one more instance where the user bothers about case more than Windows does:

Windows will keep the case when you type, but it is not case-sensitive itself (as long as we are talking about volume labels, folder names, filenames).

On my machine, the status information on top of the file panel will display "laufw_c", the drive drop down list will display "Laufw_C". (cmd.exe => vol will display "Laufw_C" as well. - So this must be how I typed it when assigning the label.) But actually it does not matter at all, it is functionally irrelevant.

Karl
Hey, I also wanted to open a thread asking about why if you copy the path the drive letter (and only the drive letter) becomes smallcaps. But I see now that there already exists a thread about this question.

By the way, Karlchen, nice to see you here, you know, I remember you from Sysinternals forums (my nick is "ivan" there).
Here's a link to my personal Tadej's computing homepage website, please check it out if you're interested in my computing-related articles, discoveries, hints, principles, rules etc.
Mikefield
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Mikefield »

satyr wrote:Hey, I also wanted to open a thread asking about why if you copy the path the drive letter (and only the drive letter) becomes smallcaps. But I see now that there already exists a thread about this question.
Did you checked out the new parameter in WinCmd.ini
[Configuration]
DrivesExportUpcase=1
DrivesShowUpcase=1

Christian has heard my pray and add this in the new Version. :D
See here for details.

mf
Bankster - Word of the Year 2009
Leif

Post by *Leif »

Yes, at last we've got it! Thanks, mf! Looks very nice now! Much better!!
Get Radio? Sure! - the best Internet Radio Player ever! ;)
karlchen
Power Member
Power Member

<offtopic>

Post by *karlchen »

<offtopic>

Hi, ivan/satyr.
By the way, Karlchen, nice to see you here, you know, I remember you from Sysinternals forums (my nick is "ivan" there).
This demonstrates that the world is just a village and that you always meet people twice in life. :wink:

Kind regards,
Karl

</offtopic>
satyr

Post by *satyr »

satyr wrote:Hey, I also wanted to open a thread asking about why if you copy the path the drive letter (and only the drive letter) becomes smallcaps. But I see now that there already exists a thread about this question.
OK, a minor mistake. That should be "why the drive letter (and only the drive letter) is smallcaps" (not "becomes smallcaps" since it's displayed in lowercase all the time). And also, to be more specific, I meant copying the path from the TC's address bar.
Mikefield wrote:Did you checked out the new parameter in WinCmd.ini
[Configuration]
DrivesExportUpcase=1
DrivesShowUpcase=1

Christian has heard my pray and add this in the new Version. :D
See here for details.
Hey, thanks much!! I didn't know that these two .ini file's keys exist.

/EDIT:
karlchen wrote:<offtopic>

Hi, ivan/satyr.
This demonstrates that the world is just a village and that you always meet people twice in life. :wink:

Kind regards,
Karl

</offtopic>
Hi, so you're actually "the (right) one". Sorry for a delay in posting, I was having this post in Preview (let's say forgotten in one of Firefox's tabs) for a long time and totally forgot to press Submit.

Regards, satyr
Here's a link to my personal Tadej's computing homepage website, please check it out if you're interested in my computing-related articles, discoveries, hints, principles, rules etc.