TConsole plugin

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

TConsole 2.1 available.

Main changes are:
- Added scrolling console window by mouse weel.
- Added QuickEdit Mode (like regular console). In QuickEdit mode Options dialog is displayed on "long" right click (more then 0.5 sec).
- Added "Quick Copy&Paste" during text selection by right mouse button while left button still pressed.
- Added "Change Console Width" option to change automatically console width to Comments view width.
- Added "Brief View on Hide" option to set automatically TC panel to Brief view when console window is closed (this option is enabled only when "Change Console Width" option enabled too).

Check readme for details.

You can download TConsole 2.1 from http://www.wincmd.ru/download.php?id=tconsole
deus-ex
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *deus-ex »

Hmmmm......seems nobody cares. But me. :D

Hello VadiMGP,

i love the new release! Scrolling by mousewheel is a great addition,
since i used to drag the scrollbar before, and i did'nt find that very handy.

Using your fine Plugin since pre v2.0 days. Thank you. :)
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

deus-ex wrote:Hmmmm......seems nobody cares. But me. :D
No, it means that the new version works correctly :)

Anyway, thanks VadiMGP for it.
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

2deus-ex
Hmmmm......seems nobody cares. But me.
I hope djk is right. :wink:
djk wrote:it means that the new version works correctly

PS. I forgot to mention smth.
- Added "About" dialog. :lol:
robinsiebler

Post by *robinsiebler »

I hadn't tried your plugin since version 1.4. Then, I didn't care for it. Now, it rocks! Keep up the good work!

Here are a few things that I have noticed:

1. Cls (clearscreen) doesn't work properly. What is does is clear the space between the current command prompt and the previous command prompt instead of clearing the whole screen. Selecting 'Go Back' and then 'going forward' clears the screen, but you also loose your command history (and I am *so* glad the TConsole command history is no longer part of TC's command history - I get tired of having to close TC and editing the command history the way it is).

2. The 4NT directory history menus work, albeit in a strange fashion - the menus are drawn at the bottom of the console window.

3. If you duplicate the tab, you get 2 identical TConsole windows that mirror each other. This is kind of pointless (and you can't open 2 separate console windows; I've tried), so you might want to disable this (if you can, which you probably can't).
Robin L. Siebler
Personal License #13949
------------------------------
"Bother", said Pooh, as he deleted Windows
robinsiebler

Post by *robinsiebler »

It would be nice if you could save the command history to a file (similar to the History command in 4DOS/4NT) and reload it later. I don't want DOS commands cluttering up my TC command history list, but I would like access to frequently used commands in a later session.
Robin L. Siebler
Personal License #13949
robinsiebler

Post by *robinsiebler »

>Set (sync) console current directory to directory from other panel

This only works when "Close console on hide" is enabled. Is that by design?
Robin L. Siebler
Personal License #13949
robinsiebler

Feature Request

Post by *robinsiebler »

When I am using TConsole, I set the pane width to 20/80. I like that when I switch to another tab, the pane width reverts to 50/50. However, when I switch back to TConsole, I would like the pane width to go back to 20/80.
Robin L. Siebler
Personal License #13949
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

2robinsiebler
I also would like to see such an option (not only for TConsole). I hoped it will be possible with tabs (save the tab with whole configuration) but it isn't.
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

2robinsiebler
I'm sorry for long silence. :oops:
It would be nice if you could save the command history to a file (similar to the History command in 4DOS/4NT) and reload it later. I don't want DOS commands cluttering up my TC command history list, but I would like access to frequently used commands in a later session.
Unfortunately it's impossible because TConsole doesn't provide own command interface, but rather reroute TC keyboard input to the command interpreter. I'm not familiar with 4DOS and 4NT, but if you'll define 4DOS or 4NT as shell in TConsole options all their specific features should work as usual.

PS. I send mail to you about this, but mail returns back as undeliverable. :(
When I am using TConsole, I set the pane width to 20/80. I like that when I switch to another tab, the pane width reverts to 50/50. However, when I switch back to TConsole, I would like the pane width to go back to 20/80.
TC plugin interface doesn't allows this directly, but using "Change Console Width" option (in TConsole 2.1) you can set TConsole pane width equal to "Comments" pane width. So set "comments" pane to 20/80.
>Set (sync) console current directory to directory from other panel

This only works when "Close console on hide" is enabled. Is that by design?
Of course, not! But i cannot reproduce this error. :( I always work witout closing console on hide and never seen any problem. Can you give more detailed description? What shell do you use - cmd.exe or 4NT? What do you see in the consoe window when you press Ctrl+Arrow?
1. Cls (clearscreen) doesn't work properly. What is does is clear the space between the current command prompt and the previous command prompt instead of clearing the whole screen...
2. The 4NT directory history menus work, albeit in a strange fashion - the menus are drawn at the bottom of the console window.
There something strange with 4NT. I really have no idea what is thr reason for this. :shock:
3. If you duplicate the tab, you get 2 identical TConsole windows that mirror each other.
Dont rub salt in my wound! I also want to launch separate console in each tab but i didn't find any way to detect from plugin in which tab plugin currently works.
chriss

Post by *chriss »

hallo

i´m also a satisfied user of the console plugin (thx for this!)

but i have one question: is it possible to work with an "runas /user" cmd?

i´m working here whitout administrative rights (just as we all should do ;)) and it happens that i need admin rights. it woult be very nice if i could this from the console.

thx in forward
gruß

chriss
robinsiebler

Post by *robinsiebler »

2VadiMGP
PS. I send mail to you about this, but mail returns back as undeliverable.
When did you send it?
TC plugin interface doesn't allows this directly, but using "Change Console Width" option (in TConsole 2.1) you can set TConsole pane width equal to "Comments" pane width. So set "comments" pane to 20/80.
How do I do that?
Of course, not! But i cannot reproduce this error. I always work witout closing console on hide and never seen any problem. Can you give more detailed description? What shell do you use - cmd.exe or 4NT? What do you see in the consoe window when you press Ctrl+Arrow
I'm not having any problems with this any more.
> Cls (clearscreen) doesn't work properly. What is does is clear the space between the current command prompt and the previous command prompt instead of clearing the whole screen...

There something strange with 4NT. I really have no idea what is thr reason for this.
I don't know what to tell you. Obviously, 4NT handles things differently than CMD and it's not happy with the way you are handling it. :)

If you care, there is a support forum and I've gotten really fast responses. You can tell them what you are doing and maybe they could say what the weird behaviour is happening. http://www.jpsoft.com/forum.htm
Robin L. Siebler
Personal License #13949
Black Dog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Black Dog »

[face=courier]On 07-10-2004 16:06:05 +0000 chriss wrote:

c> i´m working here whitout administrative rights (just as we
c> all should do ;))

Oh, come on... %)

c> and it happens that i need admin rights. it woult be very
c> nice if i could this from the console.

Actually why don't you run Commander by itself as user with administrative rights? ;)[/face]
robinsiebler

Post by *robinsiebler »

Feh! You can't blow your nose in Windows XP without administrative rights! My wife has WinXP HE on her machine and I wanted to make her a power user, but the freaking printer service would only start from an account with administrative rights!
Robin L. Siebler
Personal License #13949
Black Dog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Black Dog »

[face=courier]On 07-10-2004 22:53:41 +0000 robinsiebler wrote:

V>> TC plugin interface doesn't allows this directly, but using
V>> "Change Console Width" option (in TConsole 2.1) you can set
V>> TConsole pane width equal to "Comments" pane width. So set
V>> "comments" pane to 20/80.

r> How do I do that?

Well...

• In most cases I make rather long comments, so they don't fit panel in 50/50 or even 80/20 proportion (right click on panel separator).
• As you probably know, Commander can save panels size proportion for alternative panel modes (i.e. "Quick View", "Comments").

So once I just slid panel separator in "Comments" mode to window right margin and saved position - as result I got "Comments" panel as wide as it possible.

And when VadiMGP (hi Vadim, LTNT) made his excellent TConsole, I had the same problem - I use rather big font size and I wanted panel to be as wide as longest console text string (or even wider). So I just switched panel to "Comments" mode every time I started TConsole. Once I asked Vadim is it possible to make TConsole do that for me automatically and he implemented it as "Change Console Width" feature.

1. Run TConsole;
2. Switch to "Comment" mode ("Ctrl"+"Shift"+"F2");
3. Drug panel separator to the right 'till the whole console text became visible (I prefer 100/0);
4. Save position;
5. Enable "Change Console Width" in TConsole properties ("Win"+"Q").

Just one problem here - you should do it for every resolution you use Commander with.

If you still have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.[/face]
Last edited by Black Dog on 2004-10-08, 18:25 UTC, edited 1 time in total.