TConsole plugin

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

maximdw

Post by *maximdw »

2008=Close Console on Hide

if you switch from active TConsole to another tab/drive/folder, the console becomes hidden.
When it gets hidden, it can be closed (cmd.exe is terminated) or remain in background until you enter it once again.

I fixed the type on website, thank you very much.
Peter
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Peter »

Usually, I tend to long sentences, and in German they become longer again ...
maximdw wrote: 2025=Brief View on Hide
- I agree, it is a bit cryptic, but options dialog space is quite limited. Could you propose more descriptive, yet short label?
At the moment I have something like "Restore width of 'Brief display' when closing"
maximdw wrote: 32782=Direct Mode (single line)
- The point is Direct Mode is switched off after pressing Enter, i.e. after a single line. In my opinion, it is not clear what is the meaning of 'time'.
I don't mean "time" like "three o'clock" - I mean it is not used twice (two times), not three times - it is used "one time" (unique)
maximdw wrote: 32784=Go Back
- If you uncheck 'Close Console on Hide' option, the console is not closed (remains in background). So, in my opinion, "quit" is not correct. But 'Go Back' is not much better
a) "Go Back" and "Hide" are not consequent.
b) But now I understand the feature. I will think about it.
-> The text should be dependent on the selected option. Sometimes quit is OK, sometimes "pause / Minimize / Hide".
maximdw wrote:Please clarify, what do you mean by 'description' of hot keys.
See here:
[img]http://www.pixhost.org/show/2414/24785580_totalcmd_net2.png[/img]
maximdw wrote:If you are interested, I'll be glad to include your translation to German in the next release.
Yes, I will send it to you soon (address??).

EDIT:
This should always be translatable:
[img]http://www.pixhost.org/show/2414/24785596_tconsole3.png[/img]
TC 10.xx / #266191
Win 10 x64
maximdw

Post by *maximdw »

- Restore width of 'Brief display' when closing
I am afraid, it will not fit the dialog. Moreover, 'Brief View on Hide' is not related to width directly. It means if 'Brief Veiw' is checked, switch underlying panel to 'Brief' mode, otherwise to 'Full' mode.

- one time
I guessed that by 'one time' you meant 'on a single occasion' and not time of day :)
I meant that is seems unclear, what 'one time' defines, 'a single occasion' of what (line, session etc) ? If you say line, it means sequence of characters followed by Enter.

- hot keys description
No problem I will add it at the next release.

- Show Console
Okay, it will be

Address: name of plug-in at gmx.com (sorry for being cryptic)
sgp

Post by *sgp »

maximdw wrote:2sgp

Ctrl+C is supposed to work in "Direct mode" only, when keyboard input is directed to the console. Please check "Start in Direct Mode" option in the configuration dialog, or "Toggle Direct Mode" in the context menu.
Those options were already checked. Anyway, I don't know what changed, but with version 2.6 now Ctrl+C seems to work. Thanks.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2maximdw

Danish translation kan be downloaded at http://madsenworld.dk/tcmd/TConsole_Danish_26.zip
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2Peter
At the moment I have something like "Restore width of 'Brief display' when closing"
It should rather be something like "Use Brief View when closing" - because if you are in for example Full View it changes to Brief View - it has to do with the view type not the view width.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Peter
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Peter »

maximdw wrote:- Restore width of 'Brief display' when closing
I am afraid, it will not fit the dialog. Moreover, 'Brief View on Hide' is not related to width directly. It means if 'Brief Veiw' is checked, switch underlying panel to 'Brief' mode, otherwise to 'Full' mode....
petermad wrote:...It should rather be something like "Use Brief View when closing" ...
OK - I see now ...
With the promised mini-manual this should be fixed.
maximdw wrote:...If you say line, it means sequence of characters followed by Enter....
Yes and no - a user (with no deeper background on OS) could say "A line is from left to right (until the end of the window)", and if you use a long command inside a small window like "c:\program files\my company\my software\version 1\myprogramm.exe /param1 /param2 / param3/ -output d:\data\version 1\my output file.txt" - it looks like two or three lines.

But this should not be a real problem.

Peter
TC 10.xx / #266191
Win 10 x64
Peter
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Peter »

German translation / Remarks are welcome:

Code: Select all

[TConsole]
2000=Konsolenplugin für Total Commander
2001=Aktuelle Konsole abdocken
2008=Beim Ausblenden beenden (statt in den Hintergrund)
2009=Im direkten Modus starten
2010=Strg/Umsch+Einf. verarbeiten
2011=Scrollen mit re. Umschalttast+Pfeiltasten (Dir. Modus)
2012=Strg+C/Pause verarbeiten (Direkter Modus)
2013=Diese Schlüssel an TC weiterleiten:
2021=Schneller Bearbeitungsmodus
2024=Mit 'Kommentarbreite' darstellen
2025='Kurze Ansicht' beim Ausblenden verwenden
2027=Allgemeines
2028=Tastatur
2029=Maus
2030=Sprache
2031=Font
2032=Shell:
2033=Mausrad scrollt (Zeilenzahl):
2035=Schliessen
2036=Standard
32771=Kopieren
32772=Konsole abdocken
32773=Optionen
32774=Verzeichnis vom TC-Paneel übernehmen
32775=Einfügen
32776=Alles auswählen
32777=Kopieren && Einfügen
32782=Direkter Modus (für einen Befehl)
32783=Direkten Modus ein-/ausschalten
32784=Ausblenden
32785=Strg+Pause senden
32786=Über
Peter
TC 10.xx / #266191
Win 10 x64
maximdw

Post by *maximdw »

2petermad

Thank you very much for Danish translation. I''ll be glad to include it in the next release if you allow.

"Use Brief View when closing": when you switch the panel to another folder, the console can be closed or just hidden ("Close Console on Hide"), so word "closing" seems misleading a bit, in my opinion.
maximdw

Post by *maximdw »

2Peter

Thank you very much for your help. I will enlarge the "Detach" and "Close" buttons for a better fit.
maximdw

Post by *maximdw »

Thank you for your help. Honestly, I have not expected such a great feedback.

Regarding the next release:
- readme.txt
- missing entries in English.ini ( key descriptions, "Show Console" )
- text changes: There are many improvements, but, I'm not the author of TConsole, I was granted the right for support and further development. So, I think is would be right, to consult the author regarding his original wording (it will take some time, he is on vacation now).

When we have English.ini ready, I will post it here for your final review and synchronization with your translations.

Any comments, suggestions are highly welcome.

Thank you very much
Peter
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Peter »

a) Context-menu:
The current command "Go back" should be the last in the context menu. Usually, all "close / quit / back / hide" commands are the last in a menu.

b) close / hide / quit:

My current translation tries to use the word "ausblenden", which can be translated with "turn off" (my favourite) or "fade of / hide" (misleading).
http://dict.leo.org/?lp=ende&lang=de&searchLoc=0&cmpType=relaxed&relink=on&sectHdr=on&spellToler=std&search=ausblenden
With "hide" I understand that "it goes away, but I can see at least an icon in the tray". TConsole "hides absolutely"

Here my from German (roughly) retranslated strings (not the best English quality).

Code: Select all

[TConsole]
2008=Quit when turning off (instead of background)
2025=Use "Brief View" when turning off
32784=Turn off
TC 10.xx / #266191
Win 10 x64
maximdw

Post by *maximdw »

2Peter

a) Context-menu:
Good idea. Separated by " separator" :) line. You are right, the last position will make it more descriptive.

close / hide / quit:
I understand. I'm not sure what is better yet :( There are pros and cons for any version.
Peter
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Peter »

maximdw wrote:...When we have English.ini ready, ...
Hi Maxim

to you have a roughly time-estimation when it will be done so that I can plan my resources?

Peter
TC 10.xx / #266191
Win 10 x64
maximdw

Post by *maximdw »

Hi Peter,

in my opinion, it would be better to rework the options dialog, in order to make it more intuitive.
For now, the dependency between some options is not obvious, and there is no place for longer labels and new options.

Unfortunately, I am quite busy at work the next month. I cannot promise I will have time to make the changes.

In other hand, I do not feel good with putting you and petermad "on hold" after so warm reception.
If you would like, meanwhile, I will release the version with current options dialog, your translations, some bug fixes and the promised readme.