Alternative Quick Search

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

I hope you like this version better.
Yep! :)

Icfu
This account is for sale
Vansumsen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Vansumsen »

:arrow: jaco
I hope you like this version better. Very Happy
Yes.... when it becomes translatable! :wink:

Friendly

Paul
Ouistiti, #11943

L'important n'est pas de convaincre, mais de donner à réfléchir.
The important thing is not to convince, but to incite to think.

petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

when it becomes translatable!
4 strings - that will be the one of the fastest translations ever ;-)
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Becky

Post by *Becky »

Thank u jaco :)
jaco

Post by *jaco »

4 strings - that will be the one of the fastest translations ever
Unless you mean to translate the helpfile and the regular expression cheatsheet too :wink:
wolf.b

Post by *wolf.b »

Hi jaco,

thank you for the new version, especially since TCqsp now has a 3D edge around it, or whatever that is called.
I have had a look at the source since you made it available. I know you have given permission to SanskritFritz to use it for his purpose. I don't want to take it for granted that your permission includes others as well, so I would like to ask permission as well, please. Would you mind very much telling as well which compiler do you use? I have installed and found that Visual C++ 2005 Express does not have the necessary includes (I deleted it straight away in disgust). I have tried installing Borland's free CommandLineTools (C++ v5.5), which has the required includes, but does not compile correctly. I just want to study your code. I will not bother you for help on compiling C code, just wondering which compiler TCqsp is written for. Announcing my shameful ignorance, one last question: is it C or C++? I hope you can laugh at me rather than being mad. :oops:

Greetings,
Wolf
jaco

use it,use it,just use it!

Post by *jaco »

Hi Wolf.b,

Sure you can use my code, in fact I'm flattered :wink:
I use the free compiler Dev-C++ http://www.bloodshed.net/dev/
and I write in C, not C++. The included libraries are standard C libraries though and Visual C++ should be able to compile it I think, perhaps you need to set it explicitly to compiling C and not C++?
I did not include the icon, bmp's,project file and pcre-regular expression library, only the bare c-file, so you would need to either download pcre or remove the reference to it.
include file : #include "pcre\pcre.h"
and function : regular_expression_match()

If you want to learn C, I would reccommend you buy a book, I tried to teach myself but found it too difficult.

P.S. If you need the rest of the files, let me know, I'll put them up too.
wolf.b

Post by *wolf.b »

Hi jaco,

thank you for your reply. I have already found the file pcre.h (version 3.4 from 22-Aug-2000 size 3124 bytes) and put in subfolder pcre. All the includes seem to be working ok (actually the compiler doesn't produce errors regarding them). There are only warnings issued by the compiler, but the linker produces an error and the exe file is only 2048 bytes. I have extracted the icon (766 bytes) and two bitmaps (822 bytes each) from your distributed program. Also I have probably the oldest book on C programming "The C Programming Language" by Brian Kernighan and Dennis Ritchie, but I will have to read that maybe twice or trice more.

I would not have asked you, but as you are offering the project file: yes, please. :D Only now I am realizing this is more than just the bare c-code and includes, I need to tell the linker about the icon and the bitmaps as well.

Just to show how far I got with Borland C++, here is the output:

Code: Select all

Borland C++ 5.5 for Win32 Copyright (c) 1993, 2000 Borland
tcqsp_m.c:
Warning W8065 tcqsp_m.c 154: Call to function 'wr0' with no prototype in function wr
Warning W8065 tcqsp_m.c 384: Call to function 'wr0' with no prototype in function WinMain
Warning W8012 tcqsp_m.c 493: Comparing signed and unsigned values in function WinMain
Warning W8065 tcqsp_m.c 520: Call to function 'wr0' with no prototype in function WinMain
Warning W8065 tcqsp_m.c 528: Call to function 'wr0' with no prototype in function WinMain
Warning W8057 tcqsp_m.c 550: Parameter 'hPrevInstance' is never used in function WinMain
Warning W8066 tcqsp_m.c 596: Unreachable code in function WindowProcedure
Warning W8066 tcqsp_m.c 618: Unreachable code in function WindowProcedure
Warning W8066 tcqsp_m.c 628: Unreachable code in function WindowProcedure
Warning W8066 tcqsp_m.c 654: Unreachable code in function WindowProcedure
Warning W8066 tcqsp_m.c 659: Unreachable code in function WindowProcedure
Warning W8004 tcqsp_m.c 766: 'f' is assigned a value that is never used in function RegExHelp
Warning W8060 tcqsp_m.c 816: Possibly incorrect assignment in function qsPos
Warning W8060 tcqsp_m.c 818: Possibly incorrect assignment in function qsPos
Warning W8060 tcqsp_m.c 820: Possibly incorrect assignment in function qsPos
Warning W8060 tcqsp_m.c 843: Possibly incorrect assignment in function qsPos
Turbo Incremental Link 5.00 Copyright (c) 1997, 2000 Borland
Error: Unresolved external '_main' referenced from F:\CODING32\BCC\LIB\C0X32.OBJ
I'm not bothered by the warnings coming from the compiler (that's what compilers do), but the linker says unresolved '_main', and that sounds serious. I will now download Dev-C++ from your link, and try again. Apart from the files that I have (icon, bitmaps, regular expression library, bare c-file) I definately would like to have the project file. Is there a make file as well? I have already extracted a resource file (.rc). Given the appropriate project file, I am sure I can figure out how to name all those extracted files. So with the least work for you, and some detective work and a lot of reading for me.
I look forward to hearing from you again. Thanks a lot in advance.

Greetings
Wolf

P.S. I don't request any help regarding the output from above, as that would clearly be inapproprate for this forum/thread.
jaco

Post by *jaco »

Here is the link, minus the pcre stuff, i wasn't sure it was legal to post it, but you had that already, all of it I hope
http://www.geocities.com/jacokwak/Tcqsp_s.zip

The main function is the entry point, this is what the os calls when you double click an executable, you probably need to tell bcc to make a windows program, not a commandline (dos) program.
wolf.b

Post by *wolf.b »

Thank you jaco, this is very generous of you. I got all I wanted. I have a working TCqsp.exe file with 27,136 bytes. I had to settle for not wanting regular expressions, but that is a topic to study next millenium. I go hunting now for this flashing, that I mentioned.

Greetings
Wolf
wolf.b

Post by *wolf.b »

I think I found it, I have moved the lines 329 to 332 of your original source

if (i==0)   {
    SendMessage (tcwnd, 1075, (WPARAM)2922, (LPARAM)0);// cm_SwitchIgnoreList
    Sleep(50);
    }
underneath the original line 384 like this:

wr0();//remove old list of igored files and folders
if (i==0)   {
    SendMessage (tcwnd, 1075, (WPARAM)2922, (LPARAM)0);// cm_SwitchIgnoreList
    Sleep(50);
    }
It seems to behave exactly the same as the original when the IgnoreFileList is initially switched ON.
But with the IgnoreFileList initially swithed OFF, the flashing when I start TCqsp.exe (no typing yet) is gone.

May I be so bold to suggest to change line 582

to

WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE,
, please. That matches the original TC quick search edit control's 3D look, well at least on my machine it does (WinXP with Windows Classic style).
BTW F2 key still works :D (regular expressions do not :( ) and changing line 783 from

hwndEdit1 = CreateWindow (
to

hwndEdit1 = CreateWindowEx ( WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE,
makes it look consistent. I promise I will leave you in peace from now on.

Greetings
Wolf
jaco

news flash

Post by *jaco »

Hi wolf.b,

Good work on the flashing issue!! :D

I'll make that change.

The 3D look however is not consistent with the Quick Search window TC uses when viewed in the themed look.
I styled it to look like similar to the themed look because I figured users most concerned with the look of the Application would use themes.

Maybe I'll take another shot at it.
JohnFredC
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *JohnFredC »

Is there a way to change the font used for the caption "Search" (that is, without recompiling)?

"Search" is truncated to "Searc" on my display, being overlapped by the input box.

A minor cosmetic issue, I know, but...
Licensed, Mouse-Centric, moving (slowly) toward Touch-centric
jaco

no font setting

Post by *jaco »

Hi JohnFredC,

No, there is no font setting.
I intended to get the font setting from the TC ini files, but is is stored for every resolution separately so I did not use it (yet).

I'll put it on the list :D
hennes

Post by *hennes »

Hi jaco

Thanks for this nice tool. Would it be possible to search also in subdirectories (Option to set this true/false)? Or that it works with cm_DirBranch?

Thanks