MultiArc - archiver plugin

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

deus-ex
Power Member
Power Member

Re: pdfimages: extracts images from pdf; pdf2html: converter

Post by *deus-ex »

kotlomoy wrote:P.S. And what is SkipLIST= in multiarc.ini? Not found in multiarc.hlp

Code: Select all

SkipList = Ignore %S-Parameter for LIST commands, 0(default)/1
kotlomoy wrote:2All
Anyone knows how to make multiarc working with converter (not providing output for List command)?

Now it works (ugly), but not copies generated files to destination path, only to source path or %TEMP%. There is no command to specify destination path
Sorry, but I do not understand your question. Can you provide more details as to what you are refering to (converter)?

kotlomoy

addons for pdf2html and pdfimages...

Post by *kotlomoy »

(converter) is archiver which do not provide any List command.

a.e. pdf2html converter provide only one command:

pdf2html <source.pdf> <destination.html>
Can Multiarc support such programs?

As I know, Multiarc needs list of files to extract... :(

P.S. I wrote addon for pdf2html. It works but it creates htmls in source directory instead of destination :? :

%P %AQ %AQW
#213083 Single user license
BranchViewExtended
kotlomoy

executor.wcx supplements Multiarc

Post by *kotlomoy »

Multiarc seems to be not supporting converters. So I found another solution. executor.wcx solves my most problem - extracting images from pdfs via pdfimages.exe.

But pdftohtml still doesn't work :(
#213083 Single user license
BranchViewExtended
chrizoo

Post by *chrizoo »

Hi, I'm sorry but I can't get MultiArc to run at all. Any help would be dearly appreciated!

So far I have installed the plugin, added "uharc.addon" (for example) script

... and now I'm a bit lost. I opened the configuration window for multiarc and clicked "import addon", this worked. Now I registered the new "type" UHARC for uha. It said "registered for uha" in the status window. But when clicking OK. And coming back later on, the registration is always gone. It says "not registered".

Ok, I also added
uha=5,%commander_path%\wcx\multiarc\multiarc.wcx
to wincmd.ini

It just doesn't work. I always get "error while packing". And I didn't only try it with uharc, I tried other packers too .... it's always the same.

Many many thanks for any support.
fm-xvid

Post by *fm-xvid »

try calling the gui configure dialog with this command: "rundll32 multiarc.wcx, Settings"

then go to "Addons" tab and see if the type "uha" is properly registered to its exe.
chrizoo

Post by *chrizoo »

thank you for your help.
fm-xvid wrote: then go to "Addons" tab and see if the type "uha" is properly registered to its exe.
no, it is not properly registered. The path to the exe is correct, but MultiArc "forgets" the status.

At the outset the window looks like this:

Image: http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/4117/screenhunter01201004160.png

Then I click on "change", and in the pop-up window I click on "Archive typ registered" and "OK".

Fine, now the window looks like this:

Image: http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/9805/screenhunter02201004160.png

Problem is, that when I click on "OK", MultiArc "forgets" the status, because next time I reopen the MultiArc settings window, it looks like picture 1 again ("not registered").

Any ideas what's going wrong? Known bug?
Thank you!
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

As I see, when you register addon with file extension in MA cfg dialog, MA adds corresponding line to [PackerPlugins] section of wincmd.ini. So please check if it is true in your case. Maybe MA can't locate your wincmd.ini or something else.
BTW, it is not necessary to register extension in MA to use it - archives will open by PgDn and you still may create new archives by choosing MA as packer and specifying archive extension manually.
chrizoo

Post by *chrizoo »

Hi, many thanks for your help, MVV!

OK, I got it running now. It was actually the packer executables' versions which were not compatible with TC. I'm sorry, but I really had checked that with 3 different packers, but by accident I must have picked the wrong executables.

Anyway, MultiArc runs now. But I still have the same issue as described above (with MA forgetting the status).
MA adds corresponding line to [PackerPlugins]
section of wincmd.ini. So please check if it is true in your case.
No, unfortunately this is not true in my case. Any idea why?? I had to add the line in [PackerPlugins] section manually. But EVEN THEN, MultiArc always says "not registered".
Maybe MA can't locate your wincmd.ini or something else.
Very possible. But where could I tell MA where to find wincmd.ini ?

BTW, it is not necessary to register extension in MA to use it - archives will open by PgDn and you still may create new archives by choosing MA as packer and specifying archive extension manually.
Hm, the MultiArc helpfile says that - right - you don't need to register an extension in MA to UNPACK files. But it says that for packing you MUST register the extension. I can give you the exact quote if you want, it's in the helpfile.

I'd be very thankful if you could help me sort this out ...
cheers
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

chrizoo wrote:I'm sorry, but I really had checked that with 3 different packers, but by accident I must have picked the wrong executables.
I'm using InnoUnp and standalone 7-Zip with MA, all work fine.
No, unfortunately this is not true in my case. Any idea why?? I had to add the line in [PackerPlugins] section manually. But EVEN THEN, MultiArc always says "not registered".
So the only reason - MA can't find your wincmd.ini. Only in this case MA will show that all is ok but nothing will happen with your TC.
Maybe MA can't locate your wincmd.ini or something else.
Very possible. But where could I tell MA where to find wincmd.ini ?
Good question. Please tell me where your INI is placed (go to Help - About and read path there).
Hm, the MultiArc helpfile says that - right - you don't need to register an extension in MA to UNPACK files. But it says that for packing you MUST register the extension. I can give you the exact quote if you want, it's in the helpfile.
I will describe how I'm using it. I have only one extensing registered in TC with MA - 'multiarc'. It is enough for me since I may browse archives using MA (and DiskDirExtended plugin may expand archives when I add them to catalog). I have some addons installed into Multiarc.ini, one of them is [7-Zip] with Extension=7z. This is enough for MA to determine which addon to use when I choose 'multiarc' as packer plugin in TC pack dialog and manually type in extension '7z'. The only reason to register separate extension is to set separate flags for its packer and to have chance to choose this extension from TC pack dialog.

As I said, registering works fine for me. I'm using wincmd.ini in TC directory (this allows to share settings between different Windows'es).

I tried to install new TC with INI in its dir, MA is configured using %COMMANDER_PATH% - registering works. I tried to reinstall TC with INI in APPDATA - registering works. I tried to reinstall TC with INI in USERPROFILE (Documents and Settings) - registering still works. I even tried to specify INI path using /i TC command line parameter - registration works anyway!

So I really can't imagine what doesn't work for you. :)

BTW I have one idea - you may try Process Monitor to track TC activity while registering MA addon. Activate Process Monitor, exclude all except TC, press Alt+F5, choose any multiarc's extension and press Configure, then register any extension and click OK. When MA will tell that you need to restart TC, you may deactivate Process Monitor (not close, only deactivate!) and analyze what wincmd.ini was affected. :wink:
chrizoo

Post by *chrizoo »

Thanks for your long and kind reply. I'm very happy that you are helping me :)
So the only reason - MA can't find your wincmd.ini. Only in this case MA will show that all is ok but nothing will happen with your TC.
Actually it's exactly the other way round: MA does NOT show that all is ok (Ma says "status: not registered"), BUT Total Commander can do MA packing.

But I agree that the problem is probably that MA can't find wincmd.ini

Good question. Please tell me where your INI is placed (go to Help - About and read path there).
my wincmd.ini is in installation dir:

D:\app\file managers\totalcmd\wincmd.ini
D:\app\file managers\totalcmd\plugins\WCX\Multiarc\multiarc.ini

And multiarc DID register in wincmd.ini when I installed it, so MultiArc MUST know where it is :)

I will describe how I'm using it. I have only one extensing registered in TC with MA - 'multiarc'. ....
Very interesting!!!
This is enough for MA to determine which addon to use when I choose 'multiarc' as packer plugin in TC pack dialog and manually type in extension '7z'
This is something else, which does not work for me. When I hit ALT+F5 for packing and choose "multiarc", then I get an error ("Error packing files!"). :(
chrizoo

Post by *chrizoo »

Nooooooooooooo, how could I've been so blind ?!? See the image I posted here http://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?p=200359#200298 ?

"current TC.ini" is empty!!
Now, this is strange, because MultiArc was clever enough to find wincmd.ini (I guess that's what's meant with TC.ini), but the field stayed empty nevertheless :(

So I'm going to enter the location in this field and tell you if it worked ...
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

That's funny because I hadn't seen 'Current TC config' field before like you. :lol:
chrizoo

Post by *chrizoo »

OK, you know what's really weird? I manually entered the path to my wincmd.ini in the field "current TC.ini" and I get mixed results:

1) When I call "rundll32 multiarc.wcx, Settings" as suggested above by fm-xvid, and I enter the path to wincmd.ini, the status immediately changes and says "status: registered for uha". Fine. But when I click OK and re-open the settings window, MA has again forgotten the path (field is empty) to wincmd.ini

2) I have a addon tool for TC, called TC Plugins Manager 1.8.2 and this is how I usually configure my plugins successfully. But with this method I get the same results as in 1)

3) If I select files and press ALT+F5 for packing, select "MultiArc" and then click "configure", then the same setting window opens (as posted in the screenshot above), BUT when I enter the wincmd.ini path here, MultiArc does NOT forget the path. And I say it again: I put the path in very same settings window and in the very same field as in methods 1) and 2)

EDIT: Aaaaah, I was laughing too soon :( It is true that with method 3) the wincmd.ini path is remembered - as opposed to methods 1) + 2), BUT when I close and restart TC, the wincmd.ini path is forgotten again! :( So even this does not work.

Now this is kind of bizarre....
Can you reproduce this issue?

I have MultiArc 1.4.1.7 (which I believe is the latest version).
And TotalCommander 6.5+ (yes, don't hurt me, I didn't have the time yet to do an update...)
Last edited by chrizoo on 2010-04-16, 17:40 UTC, edited 4 times in total.
chrizoo

Post by *chrizoo »

BTW, I didn't really understand what you meant by this:
BTW I have one idea - you may try Process Monitor to track TC activity while registering MA addon. Activate Process Monitor, exclude all except TC, press Alt+F5, choose any multiarc's extension and press Configure, then register any extension and click OK. When MA will tell that you need to restart TC, you may deactivate Process Monitor (not close, only deactivate!) and analyze what wincmd.ini was affected.
What's the purpose of Process Monitor? If it's just to check how wincmd.ini was affected, I don't need any program for this. I can obviously just make a copy of wincmd.ini and then after MultiArc installation I can compare it to the changed wincmd.ini ....
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

chrizoo wrote:1) When I call "rundll32 multiarc.wcx, Settings" as suggested above by fm-xvid, and I enter the path to wincmd.ini, the status immediately changes and says "status: registered for uha". Fine. But when I click OK and re-open the settings window, MA has again forgotten the path (field is empty) to wincmd.ini
BUT when I close and restart TC, the wincmd.ini path is forgotten again!
Do you start "rundll32 multiarc.wcx, Settings" from TC or not? If you start it from TC (or from program started from TC), it has access to %COMMANDER_PATH% and %COMMANDER_INI% variables. If not - theese variables are undefined. So it may be a reason why MA can't find wincmd.ini.
BUT when I enter the wincmd.ini path here, MultiArc does NOT forget the path.
So type it once here and don't touch more:)
I have MultiArc 1.4.1.7 (which I believe is the latest version).
Same but under TC 7.50/7.50pb2.

chrizoo wrote:BTW, I didn't really understand what you meant by this:
BTW I have one idea - you may try Process Monitor to track TC activity while registering MA addon. ...
What's the purpose of Process Monitor?
Forget about it:) Process Monitor allows to track activity of applications - which files/registry keys are being opened, modified or closed etc. You don't need to use PM since you found 'Current TC config' field. :wink: