quick filter file with dos command dir *.???

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

mingyan

quick filter file with dos command dir *.???

Post by *mingyan »

To show filtered file in windows need to use Ctrl-F10 , F11 ,F12 .....

It's good that the total commander window can show all execute file when I type "dir *.exe" ..... show all M$ Word file when I type "dir *.doc" ...... show all jpg files which are named "picxxxx.jpg" when I type "dir pic*.jpg"

It's a good function , right !? :roll:
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

:?:

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Tsunulukai

Post by *Tsunulukai »

I think he means it would be great to add the possibility to specify a filter on a pannel thru the command line...

Instead of going in "show / custom..." and specify a filter there, just write "dir" followed by the filter you want to apply...
Eg : "dir *.exe"...
I agree with the idea, it would be very helpful ;)

What do you think about it Christian ? I think it wouldn't be hard to implement...
jb

Post by *jb »

Tsunulukai wrote:Instead of going in "show / custom..." and specify a filter there, just write "dir" followed by the filter you want to apply...
Eg : "dir *.exe"...
In February Gregory suggested to extend the TC-internal CD command in a similar way and chances are that it even will be available in TC 6.0!
See http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=147 for details.
I think it would be reasonable to exend the TC-internal DIR command in the same way.
Jonas

Post by *Jonas »

Tsunulukai wrote:Instead of going in "show / custom..." and specify a filter there, just write "dir" followed by the filter you want to apply...
Or Press Ctrl-F12 and type your filter....
Gregory

Post by *Gregory »

Jonas wrote:
Or Press Ctrl-F12 and type your filter....
But with that dir command extension you will be able to assign hotkeys to most used filters, this will be much faster than pressing Ctrl+F12 and typing the name of filter.
Jonas

Post by *Jonas »

Gregory wrote:But with that dir command extension you will be able to assign hotkeys to most used filters, this will be much faster than pressing Ctrl+F12 and typing the name of filter.
That's a very good point. You convinced me; I'll support this idea too.
Gregory

Post by *Gregory »

I think these commands are first steps to scripting in Total Commander