Lst2Clip - copy user defined paths to the clipboard

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

cpt.raceface

Post by *cpt.raceface »

Hi Lefteous,

I am using List2Clip to copy UNC path string unix style to clipboard.
Built-in 'cm_CopyNetNamesToClip' supports win32 style, only. So I need to convert win32 to unix style.
e.g: '\\host\path\filename.ext' win32 style to '//host/path/filename.ext' unix style

How to make WDXInfoPacker doing it ?
Lefteous wrote: There is a great packer plug-in called WDXInfoPacker which allows you to save any kind of file-related information to a text file. It comes with a small utility that copies this information to clipboard instead of saving it to a text file.
Is there a WDXInfoPacker scheme, already ?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Danke, ciao
cpt
franck8244
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *franck8244 »

Hi,

At the moment there is a limitation in WdxInfoPacker :
It can only convert a character within a wdx call.

I created a very small wdx that returns either the path or the filename given by TC (it also work with UNC path).
It can be downloaded here.

In WdxInfoPacker, use the following scheme :

Code: Select all

[UNC_2_Clip]
use="bc"
before="@Mod=Path@FilePathNameOnly.wdx"
name="@Mod=Name@FilePathNameOnly.wdx"
DoNotWriteEmpty=1
strReplaceValue="92|47"
strReplace=1

Then set the good configuration for CopyInfo2Clip, and use the command line parameters as follow : "/L=%L /S=UNC_2_Clip" (without the quotes)
TC#88260 -
cpt.raceface

Post by *cpt.raceface »

franck8244 wrote: In WdxInfoPacker, use the following scheme :

[UNC_2_Clip]
use="bc"
before="@Mod=Path@FilePathNameOnly.wdx"
name="@Mod=Name@FilePathNameOnly.wdx"
DoNotWriteEmpty=1
strReplaceValue="92|47"
strReplace=1
There is another 'strReplaceValue' for whitespaces necessary.
e.g.:
win32: c:\tmp\my text file.txt
cygwin: /cygdrive/c/tmp/my\ text\ file.txt

/R:"[SPACE]"="\[SPACE]"
strReplaceValue="20|92;20" # likewise 

Danke, ciao
cpt
leopoldus

Post by *leopoldus »

Lefteous wrote:I'm sorry I have decided not to continue the development of List2Clipboard. With the introduction of Content plugins it doesn't make sense to add more features to this standalone program.
The next TC version will have a feature to copy the current visible custom column view to clipboard.
Some day I will release a content plug-in which includes the fields that List2Clipboard offered.
I've just tried to find some content plugin for such ultrasimple task as to copy filename without extension to clipboard, but I was not able to do it :( And as much as I know the current TC version 7.02a does not support this function as well. Coud somebody please advise me some solution for this task?

BTW, I've tried to download Lst2Clip.exe last version before ithas been discontinued from the link at this page, but it does not valid no more :( May be somebody can put this old file to any open resourse or to send by email?
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

I've just tried to find some content plugin for such ultrasimple task as to copy filename without extension to clipboard
Content plugins are used for displaying and searching (meta)data, not copying to clipboard.

You can use this packer plugin to store data extracted from content plugins to files:
http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/WdxInfopacker.html

Also included is an Exe which you can use to push data from templates to clipboard.

Just add this section to Scheme.ini, then you can "pack" all filenames to a text file with Alt+F5:

[Name]
AddCounter=0
AdditionalText=""
after=""
before=""
between=""
CounterLength=0
CounterPos=0
DirectoryText=""
Divider=""
DoNotWriteEmpty=0
Extension="txt"
ExtensionList=""
footer=""
header=""
IntervalNbr=0
MaxRight=0
name="%O"
RecursionDepth=1
SaveErrorLog=0
strReplace=0
strReplaceValue="|"
use="c"
wdxinfo=""
Icfu
Last edited by icfu on 2008-01-21, 13:26 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
This account is for sale
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2leopoldus
I'm sorry. I have corrected the link in the first post.
Content plugins are used for displaying and searching (meta)data, not copying to clipboard.
There actually are some commands in TC to copy all visible columns to the clipboard.
cm_CopyFileDetailsToClip
cm_CopyFpFileDetailsToClip
cm_CopyNetFileDetailsToClip

They work fine but if you need values from a certain column you need to postprocess the list in OpenOffice.org Calc or Microsoft Excel. Well it's not a big deal to delete some columns.
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

Copying all columns to clipboard and then starting Excel or some clone is way too cumbersome. Starting bloatware to get a simple job done defeats the purpose, for me at least.

TC lacks commands to
- save column headers to clip
- save single columns to clip (by column number/column header)
- save multiple columns to clip (could be realized with multisorting)

Icfu
This account is for sale
leopoldus

Post by *leopoldus »

2Lefteous
Thanks!!! Your Lst2Clip 1.02 is almost ideal solution for me. Yes, those addons and plugins as WdxInfopacker and AutoHotkey are much more power, but in this case all what I needed was to copy filename to clipboard - and old good Lst2Clip is able to do it. :)

P.S.
It's a bit odd, that this simple and obviously useful feature is not included internally in TC. May be some next version?
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

Why do you ask for an alternative solution then?

Please protect me from answering you next time by limiting your questions to stuff you really are interested in, so I don't waste my time for nothing. Thanks! :evil:

Icfu
This account is for sale
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Why do you ask for an alternative solution then?
Actually leopoldus only asked for an alternative to Lst2Clip because he couldn't download lst2clp:
BTW, I've tried to download Lst2Clip.exe
:?
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

In this case such a posting would have been enough:
Unfortunately the link is outdated, could you please correct it or could someone reupload the tool? Thanks!!!
Instead he tells a story about his desperate tries to use content plugins and asks for an alternative solution. What for if not for getting alternative solutions?

I have invested my time and my return of investment is a trash comment about WDXInfoPacker and AHK being too powerful – why does he mention AHK at all? No idea, he obviously hasn't even read my answer.

Icfu
This account is for sale
leopoldus

Post by *leopoldus »

2Icfu
icfu wrote:I have invested my time and my return of investment is a trash comment about WDXInfoPacker and AHK being too powerful – why does he mention AHK at all? No idea, he obviously hasn't even read my answer.
I'm very grateful you for your explanations and the sample of code you've written for me! Really!! : :D And in any case the time you've invested to develope this topic was not lost. I've downloaded WDXInfoPacker and your code sample into my folder with name "!!! to test" and I'll study it in the close future. The simple List2Clip has fulfilled for me one simple task I has now, but it is not universal tool for many other occasions as WDXInfoPacker seems to be. Besides I'm not the only who need some solution for such task, so thank you for me and for us all once again!!
Gauner

Post by *Gauner »

Hey,

Ich möchte mit List2Clip gern den URI-Identifier der markierten Dateien erzeugen, mit vorangestelltem smb: und URL-kodierten Zeichen.

Habe jetzt folgende Zeile gemacht:
%COMMANDER_PATH%\plugins\Lst2Clip.exe /U /P:"smb:" /R:"\"="/" /R:"+"="%2B" /R:" "="+" /R:"?"="%3F" /R:"="="%3D" /R:"%"="%%" /R:"&"="%26" /R:"Ä"="%C3%84" /R:"Ö"="%C3%96" /R:"Ü"="%C3%9C" /R:"ß"="%C3%9F" /R:"ä"="%C3%A4" /R:"ö"="%C3%B6" /R:"ü"="%C3%BC" /R:"ẞ"="%E1%BA%9E"

Nun habe ich zwei Probleme:
1. /U wird scheinbar ignoriert. Ich wollte mein auf z: gemappten Samba-Share ("Netzlaufwerk") auflösen - so wie es cm_CopyNetNamesToClip tut. Bekomme aber weiter die Pfade mit z: am Anfang. Habe ich den Parameter falsch verstanden?
2. Die Parameterzeile ist zu lang, um in das Dialogfeld des Buttons zu passen. :-(

Was kann mir helfen?
nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *nsp »

Gauner wrote:Hey,

Ich möchte mit List2Clip gern den URI-Identifier der markierten Dateien erzeugen, mit vorangestelltem smb: und URL-kodierten Zeichen.

Habe jetzt folgende Zeile gemacht:
%COMMANDER_PATH%\plugins\Lst2Clip.exe /U /P:"smb:" /R:""="/" /R:"+"="%2B" /R:" "="+" /R:"?"="%3F" /R:"="="%3D" /R:"%"="%%" /R:"&"="%26" /R:"Ä"="%C3%84" /R:"Ö"="%C3%96" /R:"Ü"="%C3%9C" /R:"ß"="%C3%9F" /R:"ä"="%C3%A4" /R:"ö"="%C3%B6" /R:"ü"="%C3%BC" /R:"ẞ"="%E1%BA%9E"

Nun habe ich zwei Probleme:
1. /U wird scheinbar ignoriert. Ich wollte mein auf z: gemappten Samba-Share ("Netzlaufwerk") auflösen - so wie es cm_CopyNetNamesToClip tut. Bekomme aber weiter die Pfade mit z: am Anfang. Habe ich den Parameter falsch verstanden?
2. Die Parameterzeile ist zu lang, um in das Dialogfeld des Buttons zu passen. :-(

Was kann mir helfen?
It is an English forum, you can post in German in German forum only....

you probably face an issue with the % char ! as a guess, you should use %% to protect from System if you define replacemen t in the command part and then %%%% to protect from system and TC if you use it in parameter part!
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2Gauner
Ich kann für diese schon recht alte Version des Addons keinen Support mehr anbieten. Wenn dann müsste ich eine neue Version schreiben. Bei einem Schnelltest hat /U bei mir auch nicht funktioniert. Das hat früher eigentlch immer gut funktioniert.

Unfortunately I cannot offer support for this quite old version of Lst2Clp. I could offer support only if I would rewrite the program from scratch. I performed a quick test of /U and it didn't work me too.