[poll] Using the Alt+F4 button

Only forum where polls are allowed. You may announce a new poll in the matching support forum.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

$Using the Alt+F4 button

Always
21%
Once in a while
32%
Never
47%

Total votes: 102

Matthias030

Post by *Matthias030 »

Usually I use ALT+X or mouse button to close TC. But F4 is the general standard. So it would be crazy to change it!
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

Mercade
Matthias030
Read more carefully. Topic starter does not talk about the Alt+F4 hotkey, but about the "Alt+F4 Exit" button in the functional button bar at the bottom of the main TC window.
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
Matthias030

Post by *Matthias030 »

Read more carefully. Topic starter does not talk about the Alt+F4 hotkey, but about the "Alt+F4 Exit" button in the functional button bar at the bottom of the main TC window
Oh, I have disabled this button bar for years. I have not thought that such a button exists. So it doesn't come into my mind that topic starter talks about a ALT+F4 button. :)
karlchen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *karlchen »

Hey, guys.

The Windows taskbar is at the bottom of the screen still (here and by default). So it is only a short move of the mouse and a single click on the Alt-F4 button makes T.C. close, right before Windows gets shutdown.

So yes, I am one of those weird persons who click on the Alt-F4 button more than once a day.

By the way, I click on some of the other buttons in the function key bar every once in a while, too, just because in those moments I am too lazy to switch from mouse to keyboard. It is not an absolute must-have, but it is convenient.

Cheers,
Karl