About TCMC...

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fenix_productions »

"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

m^2
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *m^2 »

Thank you both. :)
Yuta

Post by *Yuta »

nsp wrote:You can get tcmc_u.7Z on free download share
Thanks. I got it!.

2m^2
Why so many executables?. Is it because the decompressed version also is seen as virus by some scanners?.
m^2
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *m^2 »

See the pdf inside.
Yuta

Post by *Yuta »

m^2 wrote:See the pdf inside.
It's because I saw the .pdf that I made such guess. There's no text that explicity says it, so I ask for confirmation.
It's just that I though that the problems with antiviruses where related with the UPX packer, normally they don't like programs that execute data.

Nevertheless, I'll take your answer as confirmation. :wink:
karlchen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *karlchen »

Hello, m^2.

Sorry for reviving a really old post just to say "thanks for a really useful tiny programme which does not exhibit any malicious behaviour" and to confirm that nothing much has changed during the past 2 years:
m^2 wrote:In the meantime I'm discussing with AV crew about packed TCMC.
F-Secure, Sophos, TrendMicro reviewed the file already and said OK, but didn't update the definitions yet.
Prevx, McAffe - both want me to buy their products, but I think we'll solve the problem another way.
The other 12 companies didn't contact me yet.
My Avira still likes your original upacked exe-file. But 23 out of 43 don't.: still the same old story, verdicts based on identification of exe-packer or paranoid heuristical analysis or no reason given at all, which very likely is meant to camouflage one of the first two reasons for flagging tcmc.exe suspicious.

If this were an executable published by a large company, I bet, all of these false positives would have disappeared 48 months ago.

Oh, by the way, the best choice in order to avoid false positives by your AV seems to be using the 10 KB size executable version taken from Sombra's 7z archive.

Cheers,
Karl