webDAV plugin

Support for PocketPC and WinCE version

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

kino

webDAV plugin

Post by *kino »

Some times ago there was a betaof a webDAV-plugin for CE.

But the download-link for that beta does not exist anymore.

Please, where can I download that plugin now?

And - are there more plugins for PPC?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

You can get it here:
http://ghisler.fileburst.com/ce/webdav.arm.cab

For other processors, replace the "arm" part with mips, sh3 and x86.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
kino

Post by *kino »

Found it, thank You!
e2demerzel

Post by *e2demerzel »

is a smartphone version available?

Regards,
Eto
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

In principle it should work on all devices, but you may get problems with the configuration dialog. Please let me know if you encounter any problems.
Matzix

Post by *Matzix »

It's a great thing, to have DAV on my mobile. Thank you very much for the plugin!

However, I still do have a problem with one connection. I receive an "HttpSendRequest failed: Error 12055, Format Message error 317". What's going wrong there? Another (more cosmetic) issue ist, that renaming a connection fails. Last, but noch least, there are problems with the configuration dialog as Christian already indicated. I do have a Touch pro with VGA resolution and there it looks like follows (At least the checkboxes are accessible - the text beneath is not such important, as it seems to be the same as with the desktop version):

Screenshot - portrait orientation
Image: http://www.matzix.de/Foren/TCPortable_WEBDAV1.png

Screenshot - landscape orientation
Image: http://www.matzix.de/Foren/TCPortable_WEBDAV2.png
Last edited by Matzix on 2009-08-12, 14:56 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

According to my research, error 12055 means:
ERROR_INTERNET_SEC_CERT_ERRORS: The SSL certificate contains errors.

Apparently you try to connect via HTTPS, but the server certificate contains an error which causes the Internet Explorer functions used by my plugin to fail.

The dialogs probably come from the strange resolution your device has.
Matzix

Post by *Matzix »

Thank you for your reply!

I've found the reason for not connecting: The self-signed certificate of the host was issued under its internal network name. Access to this computer was made from the internet with an address translation (NAT) at the router. Exchanging this certificate (using the external name instead) made the connection work!

Just for documentation: If other users are wondering about the meanings of the checkboxes (maybe they have the same GUI problem), its
[] Secure Server (SSL)
[] Send/Receive Accents in URLS as UTF-8 (unicode)
[] Use multi-step upload method
___[] Use Three-step upload method
[] Delete remote file before upload
[] Detailed Log
Geitje

Post by *Geitje »

Hi, thanks for this plugin to use webdav. I think this is the only webdav client solution for WM. There is only 1 problem:
Ican't open files on my webdav storage (Humyo). I can copy/move, but it would be really great if I can open files directly as well. Any reason for this?

I use the HTC HD2 (leo) with WM 6.5.x.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

The reason is the same as for ftp: On Windows Mobile, when you "close" a program, it's not really closed, just minimized. This has two negative effects:
1. Total Commander isn't informed when the file is no longer needed (which was downloaded for editing from WebDav)
2. Even worse, some programs keep the file open while they are running in the background, so TC cannot even ask the user when the file is no longer needed.

Therefore it would be possible to download and launch the file, but it would then remain in the TEMP directory forever (or until you delete it manually).
Geitje

Post by *Geitje »

Thanks for you reply.
I know WM does not close processes by default, I did not know this gave this problem. I use a custom task manager which automatically closes a process if I press the X button, so then this problem would exist in this case I think? Also I would have no problem with clogging the temp dir with downloaded files. I can delete them myself now and then. Could you please make this a (registry) setting, so I can enable opening files? The menu entry does already exist...

ghisler(Author) wrote:The reason is the same as for ftp: On Windows Mobile, when you "close" a program, it's not really closed, just minimized. This has two negative effects:
1. Total Commander isn't informed when the file is no longer needed (which was downloaded for editing from WebDav)
2. Even worse, some programs keep the file open while they are running in the background, so TC cannot even ask the user when the file is no longer needed.

Therefore it would be possible to download and launch the file, but it would then remain in the TEMP directory forever (or until you delete it manually).
Geitje

Post by *Geitje »

Ghisler, last time you were so quick... Could you please answer my former post?
Geitje wrote:Thanks for you reply.
I know WM does not close processes by default, I did not know this gave this problem. I use a custom task manager which automatically closes a process if I press the X button, so then this problem would exist in this case I think? Also I would have no problem with clogging the temp dir with downloaded files. I can delete them myself now and then. Could you please make this a (registry) setting, so I can enable opening files? The menu entry does already exist...

ghisler(Author) wrote:The reason is the same as for ftp: On Windows Mobile, when you "close" a program, it's not really closed, just minimized. This has two negative effects:

:) :)
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

It is a very big problem, especially with the default associations like the pocket word used for text files. I therefore will not add it until I find a solution for this problem.
Geitje

Post by *Geitje »

Alright, I guess we're better of without it then... Thanks for your help anyway. Hope you will find a solution to this!
TumanI

Post by *TumanI »

Thank you very much for the plugin!
But i have problems with files named in Russian. I can't copy/move this files.
I receive an "Error 400, Bad Request".

webDAV: disk.yandex