[BUG] Command Browser selects category header instead...

Bug reports will be moved here when the described bug has been fixed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

icfu
Power Member
Power Member

[BUG] Command Browser selects category header instead...

Post by *icfu »

...of command. For example, when entering "cm_CompareFilesByContent" in edit box, it's not the command which is selected but "Tools ======", so you always have to press CursorDown to select the first match.

When calling the command browser via the loupe under Configuration => Misc, i.e. when trying to assign an alias or hotkey, it's even worse. In this case the focus is on "default action" after entering a command, so you have to press CursorDown two times...

Icfu
Last edited by icfu on 2008-08-06, 11:48 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
This account is for sale
Clo

Sh!!!!

Post by *Clo »

2icfu

:) Right, confirmed, the title is selected.
It's also rather annoying that the category list is not alphabetically sorted.
- Yes, it is but… Sh! I would have to remake my whole synospsis tables in the Tutos if changed ! :lol:
- In addition, still no local menu to copy a command (requested, forgotten…)

:mrgreen: VG
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

I have removed the line with "alphabetically sorted", because this can be done manually, by changing the categories in totalcmd.inc. Just found out... ;)

I have edited first posting, added loupe annoyance...

Icfu
This account is for sale
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Sorry, I don't get it.

1. When I use the button change dialog, type cm_CompareFilesByContent and then press the magnifying glass, cm_CompareFilesByContent is highlighted as expected.

2. When I choose an existing hotkey or alias in Confuguration - Misc, and then click on the magnifying glass, the correct command is selected too...

So what exactly are you doing?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

1. When I use the button change dialog, type cm_CompareFilesByContent and then press the magnifying glass, cm_CompareFilesByContent is highlighted as expected.
Of course I press the loupe in the button change dialog FIRST and then start typing the command INSIDE the command browser.
2. When I choose an existing hotkey or alias in Confuguration - Misc, and then click on the magnifying glass, the correct command is selected too...
For EXISTING commands this is true, but not if you create a NEW hotkey or alias and then start typing INSIDE the command browser.

Icfu
This account is for sale
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Of course I press the loupe in the button change dialog FIRST and then start typing the command INSIDE the command browser.
I see - that's just a FILTER which filters out all non-matching names. It doesn't position the cursor anywhere at this time.
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

Here is a workaround until it's fixed:
Edit totalcmd.inc, remove all category headers, sort the file alphabetically, besides the "commands with parameters" which are best placed on top or at the bottom.

=> No more categories there besides "All" and "usercmd.ini"
=> No CursorDown press needed when calling from button change dialog
=> Just one single CursorDown when calling from an existing alias or hotkey

Much more usable now, despite that castration... ;)

Icfu
This account is for sale
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well, I can change it from a filter to a search function if that would help - but now it's the worst-possible time. I need to bring out TC 7.04a this week to fix the access violation problem, so there isn't the time to integrate new features and test them thoroughly. I will put it on my to do list for TC 7.5, though.
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

Of course, no need at all to implement it now! I don't wanna be held responsible for TC 7.5 delay... ;)

Icfu
This account is for sale
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fenix_productions »

TC7.50pb1: seems to be fixed.
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks!
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

The bug is NOT fixed, unless the (technically) good author considers the need to press CursorDown only one instead of two times when calling the command browser via the loupe a bugfix.

You are such a wonderful integer personality, Christian Ghisler! You would never insult me personally and piss on me behind my back, not letting me know about your decision and at the same time exploiting my goodwill to support you in the public forum and elsewhere.

I deeply regret the years I have spent in this forum for an author who obviously wasn't worth my time.

eot

Icfu
This account is for sale
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

It actually doesn't work in hotkey and aliases config but seems ok for buttonbar and starter menu choose command dialogs.

OT: Anyway it's really a pity that both Ghisler and icfu haven't been able to bite the bullet and find a way to get along.
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fenix_productions »

2Lefteous
You're right!.

I've checked all of these and I am sure it worked for all of them but now it's OK only for button bar, starter menu and direct cm_CommandBrowser call.

Strange…
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

It actually doesn't work in hotkey and aliases config but seems ok for buttonbar and starter menu choose command dialogs.
I can confirm that, thanks for finding it! The problem is obviously the additional line "Default command" which isn't there in the other cases where it works...