New SFTP plugin available now

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Re: New SFTP plugin available now

Post by *Dalai »

2Hacker
:) OK, you can maybe remove "nice" from that sentence but it's certainly better than a CLI program when it comes to handling dozens of servers.
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
barsmonstesr

Post by *barsmonstesr »

Dalai wrote: 2024-04-28, 10:57 UTC when it comes to handling dozens of servers.
That is exactly my use case. I have like 30 servers configured in Putty. I can have a putty shortcut on a desktop that immediately launches shell to a remote server and autologins (using -load profile_name). In the past I could also seamlessly go into the same server via SFTP4TC without configuring anything, as it was taking configuration from Putty. But with SFTPPLUG plugin I have to re-configure servers manually and manually convert the keys every time I work with new server.
JOUBE
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *JOUBE »

barsmonstesr wrote: 2024-04-28, 21:57 UTC That is exactly my use case. I have like 30 servers configured in Putty.
30 servers really aren't that much. Now is the time to change: There is a program - TC - with which you can create a GUI for the few scripts in a subdirectory with much better (e.g. sorting) options than putty offers. Putty is simply no longer up to date: saving connections in the registry, waving around with the mouse when generating keys are just examples.

But the discussion should continue here: SFTP4TC based on PuTTY
paladin42

Post by *paladin42 »

This conversation is beyond me....
Will commander work for me on this? From my host: it needs to support the SFTP protocol and be able to use port 22. There is nothing else special about what we’re doing.

if so, am I doing anything wrong or do I need an updated plug in??
If not, will it in the near future??
JOUBE
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *JOUBE »

paladin42 wrote: 2024-05-03, 18:25 UTC if so, am I doing anything wrong or do I need an updated plug in??
Just another idea: How do you creating/starting an SFTP connection? Do you realize that you can't do this via Menu -> Net -> FTP ... ? You can't access the plugin there in the main menu but instead via the drive bar -> Network Neighborhood -> Secure FTP or with the following command on the TC command line: cd \\\Secure FTP\

Sorry if this is all clear for you.

Joube
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

2paladin42
Please try the pre-release version!
https://www.totalcommander.ch/beta/sftpplug310b5.zip
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
paladin42

Post by *paladin42 »

tried it... locked up part way still. commander showed' not responding' and had to kill it and restart.
can log in with filezilla, but would prefer to use commander which, as i said, i LOVE and put on every computer i work on :)
(i can't say how many of my installs have bought it or or how many use the free version, but i encourage them to get the licensed version as i too an a capitalist :)

thanks
AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *AntonyD »

2paladin42
FYI some suggestions were already given. But you did not feedback 'em, why?
ghisler(Author) wrote: 2024-04-22, 07:55 UTC It sounds like your server isn't supporting any authentication methods supported by the plugin and vice versa. Either the server is too old and only supports outdated methods like DSA, or the server is configured to only support very new methods not supported by the plugin.

You can use the free tool nmap to find out the supported ciphers:
nmap -sV -p port_number --script ssh2-enum-algos Servername.com
with port_number the port of your server, usually 22.
Pls, follow the suggestion and provide Mr.Ghisler with output of this command...
#146217 personal license
CoolWater
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *CoolWater »

You could also send the log output from FileZilla. But then, please make sure to enable the debug options (last entry in FileZilla settings) and set debug info to 3.