New SFTP plugin available now

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

HAL 9000

Shortcut

Post by *HAL 9000 »

But there is a problem using shortcuts to directorys (CTRL + D)
I use the shortcut list in total commander, but if you create a shortcut to "cd /var/opt" then it doesnt work in the secureftp window.
The same works in FTP modus.
is there a workaround ?
regards
karlchen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *karlchen »

Hello, HAL 9000.

Either you type the command "cd /var/opt" in the Total Commander commandline when the focus is on the SFTP panel.
Or you add the commandline to the directory hotlist in this form: cd \\\Secure FTP\{name of your connection}\var\opt. - Replace {name of your connection} by the name of your connection as T.C. displays it in the list of configured SFTP connections.

Kind regards,
Karl
longtalker

Post by *longtalker »

Hello everyone,

I installed the sftpplug plugin (and copied the two required DLLs in the same folder as the .wfx file), however I am not sure exactly how to use it. I need to connect to a SFTP server for which I have the IP, port and username/password. I don't see any new options in TC's "Connect to FTP server" window, and trying to connect as normal results in a connection error.

Can anyone help? Many thanks in advance!
karlchen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *karlchen »

Hello, longtalker.

Inside T.C. go to Network Neighborhood => Secure FTP.

Karl
longtalker

Post by *longtalker »

Thank you very much!
pronik

Post by *pronik »

I've got a problem with this plugin: some of my servers are only available via a proxy, while others only via direct connection. However, this SFTP plugin seems to keep its proxy configuration globally, not per connection. Is there any way to work around this problem? Maybe Christian can fix this?

Thanks!
Sob
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sob »

Jack!

cURL ssh2.dll and libeay32.dll available for x32 and x64

Post by *Jack! »

For your information, it seems that the cURL DLL's, needed for SFTP, are available for both Windows x32 and x64 platform now.

Check http://www.gknw.net/mirror/curl/win64/ for x64 and http://www.gknw.net/mirror/curl/win32/ for x32.

Latest version:
x32: curl-7.23.1-devel-mingw32
x64: curl-7.23.1-devel-mingw64
Semper nocuit differre paratis.
sekular

Post by *sekular »

Not sure if they have already been requested, but i have some feature requests:

-A queuing system for downloads and uploads.
-bandwidth control or speed limits

Another idea, but not sure if possible. Is it possible to speed up the remote deletion of a lot of files. I know from a shell i can delete files and folders in what seems like an instant. But over remote it always does it one by one. Is it not possible to create a list and do a remote rm -R against the list or something like that?
sqa_wizard
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *sqa_wizard »

Is it not possible to create a list and do a remote rm -R against the list or something like that?
Well, TC is restricted to send commands to the sftp server.

It is up to the server to accept this commands.
There is a set of standard commands.
You may enter "help" at TC commandline during a sftp session to see the supported commands.
#5767 Personal license
Vláďa

Post by *Vláďa »

TC8beta's 64bit + sftp1.1 + libraries - does work Putty Pageant authentication? It always ends with "Failure requesting identities from ssh-agent!".

Otherwise with passwords authentication, or TC7.56a (32 bit) Pageant works correctly.
Sob
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sob »

It worked fine for me with all betas so far and self-compiled dlls. I now tried with 64-bit beta 12 and libs from gknw.net (see few posts back) and it worked fine too. Even tried with both 32-bit and 64-bit Pageants, no difference.
Vláďa

Post by *Vláďa »

Thank you, now with these libs it works.
Previously I was trying those posted with sftp 1.1 plugin (openssl+ssh64.zip) and from the c u r l official builds.

(Why I cannot post a message with the word "c u r l" in it? It always fails... An error has appeared)
Jack!

Re: cURL ssh2.dll and libeay32.dll available for x32 and x64

Post by *Jack! »

Jack! wrote:For your information, it seems that the cURL DLL's, needed for SFTP, are available for both Windows x32 and x64 platform now.

Check http://www.gknw.net/mirror/curl/win64/ for x64 and http://www.gknw.net/mirror/curl/win32/ for x32.

Latest version:
x32: curl-7.23.1-devel-mingw32
x64: curl-7.23.1-devel-mingw64
Please note that the builds mentioned on the the cURL website (http://curl.haxx.se/download.html) point back to gknw.net. So these files seem to be the official cURL builds.
Semper nocuit differre paratis.
km2006

Post by *km2006 »

Hi,

I downloaded the 1.1 beta 1 and also the 64bit libs. However, I can't get it working in version 8 beta 12 (64bit Windows 7). Are there any other things I can try?

I extracted the DDLs into the TotalCmd directory as well as the sftpplug directory and restarted TotalCmd. However, the "Secure FTP" item simply does not appear in the network tab.

Thanks!