temporary panel troubles/bug

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

nsp
Power Member
Power Member

temporary panel troubles/bug

Post by *nsp »

I do not know if it can be considered as bug of if i'm doing stuff wrong. I'm restarting from old code i got for FileRedirector...

I'm trying to write a file system plugin in order to save/load/monitor(in future) file-list as in temporary panel..

The embedded temporary panel (the one that can receive file search result) can show names with full path eg. c:\tmp\myFile.txt i want to do almost the same but with managed file List. (created by TC or not)

If I set a name with '\' in my plugin, TC only show final name and extension but i have the full name in the rename window...
(A)Did i miss a parameter in the FindFirst/FindNext call ?
Why TC alter the name a plugin give to a list item ? ?

If i select some files in my tempo panel, the %L parameter used for em_ command do not return LocalFileName ?
(B)why TC do not do the same for a user command and for an internal command (F3/F4) ??

(C)Is there a way to not have the upload box when i copy or move file to my panel ? (I want to open an extra box for specific handling and get the RemoteName myself !)

I also have some trouble with multi rename tool, is it possible to use it with such filesystem plugin ?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

You cannot return a full name in FindFirstFile. If you look at the temp panel plugin, you will see that the name and ext field show just the file name+extension. The full path to the file is shown in a custom column labeled "Real path".

So you need to return just the local names in FindFirst/NextFile, and implement the following functions from the latest plugin SDK (fsplugin.hlp):
FsLinksToLocalFiles
FsGetLocalName

and some of these too if you need custom columns:

FsContentGetSupportedField
FsContentGetValue
FsContentStopGetValue
FsContentGetDefaultSortOrder
FsContentPluginUnloading
FsContentGetSupportedFieldFlags
FsContentSetValue
FsContentGetDefaultView
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *nsp »

IN TC if i do a find Filess[alt]+[F7] if i click feed to listbox i get a search result panel (this is like a temporary panel !) in this panel, i can see full names.

If i search for all readme.txt files under c:\program files\, i got a bunch of file with all the same name and extension. I would like to have such flat list. (if i set only file name i will have all files with the same name).

the workaround i found is to replace \ by / that is supported but not as clean as regular file name. To add extra column like full file path is OK but i cannot hide name and extension and have similar file names !