[wish] Parent folder by clicking left or right window edge

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

yiNXs

[wish] Parent folder by clicking left or right window edge

Post by *yiNXs »

Hi,

Some time ago I've dusted off my old Amiga again, wanting to copy some old modules to my PC. I got to use Directory Opus again, a totalcommander like file manager I used to like a lot. After having copied everything and went back to my PC with total commander, there was one option I just kept missing:

being able to jump to the parent folder by clicking on the left (for left pane) or right (for right pane) window border/edge.

Even though only optimal for full screen use, it makes browsing directories quickly a breeze (for mouse users at least) and once used to it you'd rather not go back.

Hope you'll consider this.

Cheers,
Robin
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
yiNXs

Post by *yiNXs »

Thanks for the tip. It seems like a very nice tool. I'll check it out, might even be able to fix it for single click operation.

I still hope this will be considered as part of totalcommander itself though, because I will not be allowed to install this at my work. And that's the place I use total commander the most. TC is a standard tool there.

Besides, I suggested this also because I think it's a functionality that a lot of people would like once they tried it.

Regards,
Robin
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

yiNXs,
I will not be allowed to install this at my work
Well, no need to install - you can either use the standalone ZIP, or you can use the compiler to compile the script into an executable.

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
yiNXs

Post by *yiNXs »

No, I'm sorry, with installing I meant running any non-standard executable. I wish it was that easy to get around the security, these tools scan active programs and regularly all drives for unknown executables and the likes. Shutting them down results in a bigger security incident. But even if I could get around it, I really don't want to do something illegal on my machine there.

I'm allowed (to a degree) to update to newer versions, or install plugins. I wish it was different, but I can understand that this security is necessary.

Cheers,
Robin