[Feat. req.] Open Breadcrumb path on opposite panel

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

[Feat. req.] Open Breadcrumb path on opposite panel

Post by *pdavit »

Similarly to other TC features, we can have Ctrl+Shift+Click on breadcrumb item -> open path on opposite panel

As an extension of the above, currently opening via Breadcrumbs a directory on a new tab is supported via Shift+Click. This requires the collaboration of mouse and keyboard. While right-clicking on a Breadcrumb item is currently inactive, it would be nice to have:

either:
1) Right-clicking on a Breadcrumb folder will pass that folder directly to a new tab (only mouse usage necessary).

or:
2) Right-clicking will display a Breadcrumb-related context menu with two options: "Open in new Tab" and "Open in opposite panel".
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
schmock

Post by *schmock »

1) would be nice -> support!
2) no. its faster with 1) .
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fenix_productions »

2pdavit
I am against both points :p

For right click I'd prefer to have finished folders menu feature (currently we have menu for current folder only).

It would be better to have middle-click handled like for links in many web browsers.
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

fenix_productions wrote:I am against both points :p
How could you! ;-)

I'm suggesting a functionality on a non-existed feature. Not a replacement of an existing one.

The way to do it should be the outcome of suggestions by our community here anyway.

I'll focus on the missing functionality other than the way to implement it. :P
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *pdavit »

bump