Big wish -> Big Drive Letter

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Boofo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Boofo »

2petermad,

"lovercase" in Danish means what? LOL

I take it VL.EXE is Volume Label from the ol' NU?
chmod a+x /bin/laden -- Allows anyone the permission to execute /bin/laden

How do I un-overwrite all my data?

User of Total Commander
#60471 Single user license
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

"lovercase" in Danish means what? LOL
What can I say - I am a lover not a fighter ;-)
I take it VL.EXE is Volume Label from the ol' NU?
Correct!
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Boofo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Boofo »

You knew I was never gonna let that slip by. ;)

I used to have that program, too, a long time ago. Does it still work OK? I used to use the heck out of that.
chmod a+x /bin/laden -- Allows anyone the permission to execute /bin/laden

How do I un-overwrite all my data?

User of Total Commander
#60471 Single user license
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Does it still work OK
I cannot use it under Windows because it writes directly to the harddisk, wich Windows prevents.

But I guess if I boot on a DOS floppy I could still ose it on my FAT drives.

EDIT - just tried VL.EXE - I can not make it work on my FAT32 partitions - it probably only supports FAT16
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
OUrm7Vo2

help file incorrect for big letter switches

Post by *OUrm7Vo2 »

Help file says:

DrivesExportUpcase=-1
DrivesShowUpcase=-1

They should be =1 not =-1
Clo

Na-na

Post by *Clo »

2OUrm7Vo2

:) Hello !

• Nope, you might read the whole two paragraphs. Below, like we show them in the Tutos :
DrivesExportUpcase=Flag
-1: Exports paths with drive letters as lowercase or uppercase like formerly in places where it was so in 7.0x and older.
0 : Exports paths with drive letters all as lowercase in all places where the option is supported (some ones below mentioned).
1: Exports paths with uppercase drive letters in functions like Mark - Copy to clipboard with full path, and when launching programmes (current dir., programme name)
--------------------------
DrivesShowUpcase=Flag
-1: Shows the drives letters as lowercase or uppercase like formerly in places where it was so…
0 : Shows the drives letters all as lowercase in all places where the option is supported.
1: Shows drives with uppercase drive letters in drive bar, drive dropdown list, current dir., tabs and to the left of the command line.
If this entry only is written in the file, the previous one DrivesExportUpcase=… will get its status as the default.
Note : Orange-bold is the default…

:mrgreen: KR
Claude
Clo
Last edited by Clo on 2009-09-11, 23:26 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
OUrm7Vo2

Re: Na-na

Post by *OUrm7Vo2 »

Clo wrote:2OUrm7Vo2

• Nope, you might read the whole two paragraphs. Below, like we show them in the Tutos :
DrivesExportUpcase=Flag
-1: Exports paths with drive letters as lowercase or uppercase like formerly in places where it was so in 7.0x and older.
0 : Exports paths with drive letters all as lowercase in all places where the option is supported (some ones below mentioned).
1: Exports paths with uppercase drive letters in functions like Mark - Copy to clipboard with full path, and when launching programmes (current dir., programme name)
DrivesShowUpcase=Flag
-1: Shows the drives letters as lowercase or uppercase like formerly in places where it was so…
0 : Shows the drives letters all as lowercase in all places where the option is supported.
1: Shows drives with uppercase drive letters in drive bar, drive dropdown list, current dir., tabs and to the left of the command line.
If this entry only is written in the file, the previous one DrivesExportUpcase=… will get its status as the default.

Claude
Clo

Thank You. If one goes by the help file alone it is misleading. Where are these tutos located?
Clo

Obvious

Post by *Clo »

2OUrm7Vo2

:) Again…

• Not quite updated yet, but just click the link in my signature below… and read the red lines (English) ;)

Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
StatusQuo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StatusQuo »

2Clo
Thank you for more the detailed description. But AFAIS the default is -1, not 1. With a clean INI the letters are lowercase here, like TC help says.
Who the hell is General Failure, and why is he reading my disk?
-- TC starter menu: Fast yet descriptive command access!
Clo

Along the tests---

Post by *Clo »

2StatusQuo

• You are right, I'll change that. These entries were added during the ß-tests, based on the History.txt on this moment :
26.04.09 Added: wincmd.ini [Configuration] DrivesExportUpcase=1 exports paths with uppercase drive letters in functions like Mark - Copy to clipboard with full path, and when launching programs (current dir, program name)
26.04.09 Added: wincmd.ini [Configuration] DrivesShowUpcase=1 shows drives with uppercase drive letters in drive bar, drive dropdown list, current dir, tabs and to the left of the command line
…where like you can see, the default isn't clearly specified, generally it's the value stated there.
- Messages corrected here too…

Claude
Clo
Balderstrom
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Balderstrom »

Something I've found helpful recently, is to shut down TC, open up the wincmd.ini file with Notepad2, select all the config setting/options (i.e. everything underneath: "[Configuration]", until it reaches the next ini file label)

Then Edit->Block->Sort lines
An easy way to selectively Sort a block of text.
Also makes it easier to read/compare the sorted config options in the helpfile vs your wincmd.ini to see what you are 'missing' and/or want to change.
*BLINK* TC9 Added WM_COPYDATA and WM_USER queries for scripting.
wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Na-na

Post by *wanderer »

Clo wrote:2OUrm7Vo2

DrivesExportUpcase=Flag
DrivesShowUpcase=Flag

Claude
Clo
Hi Claude.

It seems that -1 does not have the desired effect. I removed the DrivesExportUpcase from the INI and when i used cm_CopyFullNamesToClip, it exported it with lowercase. I expected uppercase because that's how it worked "in places where it was so in 7.0x and older". Setting DrivesExportUpcase=-1 also had no effect. I had to explicitly define DrivesExportUpcase=1 in order for it to work as expected.

Is it perhaps a bug?
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Normally using latest TC on:
x32: WinXPx32 SP3
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.
pmshah

Legibility

Post by *pmshah »

The reason to request upper case letters for drive buttons is simply for legibility. I have a plethora of external drives with fixed and assigned drive letters. Distinguishing between "i" and "j" or "m" and "n" is rather difficult. especially when part of the letter itself, "m", is not visible. This situation is exacerbated when you consider higher resolution monitors with smaller application windows.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Thankfully, we have had a solution for 8 years now. ;)

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.