Suggestion: Logitech G15 LCD CopyProgress Support

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

lamdacore

Suggestion: Logitech G15 LCD CopyProgress Support

Post by *lamdacore »

Hoihoi,

I come up with an idea. How about give Total Commander G15-G19 LCD Applet Support?

The G15-G19 Keyboard has a tiny LCD-Screen where you can display various stuff.

It would be very nice if it could display the actual copy progress total commander is busy with. With pressing one of the four buttons maybe the display can switch to other copy progresses, if there where more than one copy process in the background in example.

Naturally it should also work with move and delete command. .. simply all thinks that could be needed time to deal with and has a progress bar.

How about that?

I'm afraid it isn't possible to make a TC-Plugin with such a functionality. In other case I would start such a plugin on my own. But for that I have to get all copy progress information from TotalCommander as an event-message/callback or something.
Last edited by lamdacore on 2009-06-05, 10:28 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Suggestion: Logitech G15 LCD CopyProgress Support

Post by *fenix_productions »

2lamdacore
lamdacore wrote:I'm afraid it isn't possible to make a TC-Plugin with such a functionality. In other case I would start such a plugin on my own. But for that I have to get all copy progress information from TotalCommander as an event-message/callback or something.
Did you consider using AutoHotkey?

With AHK you could get various data from TC's dialogues easily and use some DLL (written by you, I think) calls to send it to LCD.

Not the best solution in the world but might work :)
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

I volunteer for testing. 8)

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
ZoSTeR
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ZoSTeR »

There's already an UDF for AutoIt (which is as we all know far superior to AHK ;)).
Also a search for G15 in their forum turns up several more solutions.
The Logitech SDK includes an LCD-emulator in but i couldn't get it to run several weeks ago (still waiting for the G19).
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

ZoSTeR wrote:AutoIt (which is as we all know far superior to AHK :wink:).
I dont know it. :lol:
lamdacore

Post by *lamdacore »

Thanks for the infos.

Directly after I checked this AutoIt Program, I thought to myself, such a G15 program must be possible without such an extra AutoIt-Program. So I sat down and tried to program it.

Here is the result: [w][w][w].lamda-net.de/G15TCFileCopyProgress.exe

If somebody want to use or test it, feel free to do so.

I know this might not be perfect, but I think its sufficient.
It only works with total commanders background copy (extra little copy window) or with the batch window (before coping not confirming with the return key, but hitting the F2 key for batch copy)

You can switch the copy progresses with the LB_BUTTON_4 key if you have more than one copy prgrogress running.

no interaction available if the copy progress stops and awaits for "what shoud be done"-action.

**fixed** if you cancel a copy progress and there is this message box what ask you to really cancel it, the G15LCDProgram shows one more progress .. this is this message box window. i cant figure out how to prevent this but its not such a great deal.

the G15LCD-Program should only appear if a copy progress is running. I wanted it so that it pops up in the foreground of all LCDApplets .. but i don't know if this works, yet. In worsed case just browse around the applets to find the copy progress applet.
Last edited by lamdacore on 2009-05-20, 08:52 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
DarkRuleR

Post by *DarkRuleR »

2lamdacore

Hi!
I've tried your program.
But I don't see anything appear on my display.

I have a G15 with GamePanel Manager:
(TC v7.02a / v7.50pb3)

Should "G15TCFileCopyProgress.exe" appear in the GamePanel Manager or only as an background process?

Nice idea!

DR...
#106383 Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
lamdacore

Post by *lamdacore »

Hi DarkRuleR,

it should appaer as a background process if you look in your task manager.
then it is only be shown in your G15 Display if you start a copy/move/delete progress with total commander ... important: must be background copy progress of total commander (click on background button)..

**fixed** Now you have to switch through your G15 Display Applets because i tested it too and automatically in foreground isn't working .. so you have to find it yourself through the applets .. then you should be able to see it. :)

** EDIT **
I just updated the program. Now it should work right with foreground behavior and this message box window should not anymore detected as a new copy progress window. Some cosmetical improvements I have done also.

Just redownload it from the usual location.
[w][w][w].lamda-net.de/G15TCFileCopyProgress.exe
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fenix_productions »

2lamdacore
I can't test it but I have suggestion for automatic loading of your tool:

1. create simple WDX plugin which will return the same value for any file / folder,
2. add it to TC,
3. go to Configuration -> Display -> Color -> Define Colors by file type,
4. in "Specify file type" dialogue click on Add -> Define
5. on Plugins tab choose your plugin, select proper field and write something like OP: > and Value: <your_constant_value - 1>,
6. OK on all dialogues.

Now TC will load this WDX automatically on startup. The only thing left for you is to call G15TCFileCopyProgress.exe from it.
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

lamdacore

Post by *lamdacore »

2fenix_productions

Thanks for your suggestion, but I think this is not needed. Third party LCDApplets are always loaded on OperatingSystem-Autostart. So you only have to create a shortcut in your autostart folder in your startmenu.

A better way would be to intigrate this i.e. via a TC-Plugin directly, so that you don't have an .exe file, but only have to start TC to enable this tool. But since the TC-Plugin API can't handle my needs (that's what I think, everyone can correct me if it is still possible), I think this extra .exe file would be the best solution to stay always as a process.

Third party LCDApplets won't quit itself easily, because the LCDAppletManager handles these. So, as long this is a third party Applet (.exe file) and not an in TC integrated feature (or plugin), this should be the best solution.

If this program does'nt find a TC progress window, it does nothing anyway and idles with no cpu load at all.
DarkRuleR

Post by *DarkRuleR »

2lamdacore

Hi!

I've tried your new version.
But for some strange reason I can't get it to work.
When I switch trough the G15 Display Applets it never shows.

I use wvs for winamp but this time I tested with a reboot of my pc and I'm sure wvs was not running.

How do you detect that a TC window is running?
Has the registered name in the window title anything todo with that?

Gtx,

DR...
#106383 Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
lamdacore

Post by *lamdacore »

DarkRuleR wrote:2lamdacore
How do you detect that a TC window is running?
Has the registered name in the window title anything todo with that?
yes thats exactly the behaviour. First it will check if a window exist with the registered class TTOTAL_CMD. Then its holds the process id of this window in memory. Now it checs if a window exists with the registered class #32770. if it exists it compare its process id with the one from the main window .. if they match (that means this window comes from totalcommander app.) then it takes action.
Same behaivor with the DOWNDLGLIST2 registered class .. that is the batch process window.

My TotalCommander version is 7.04a.
I didn't test it with a version above or under like you have (v7.02 or v7.50pb3)
I thought it should work with this versions also.

DarkRuleR: How do you test my Applet? Did you take in mind that my applet only shows in the display if a copy/move/delete progress is taken its time? .. i.E. try to copy large files so that the copy window will be open for quit a while. or hit the pause button. And really important .. it has to be the background window :) .. the normal copy progress window embedded in the total commander main window will not work .. you have to klick on the Background-Button so the copy process will gets its own window.

if no progress is in action my applet wil not show nor show in the display if you switch through it. you can say its like the volume display .. this volume bar shows only if you change the volume with the g15 keyboard and then you can't see this volume bar again until you change the volume again.