Selecting random files via the mouse

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

margolis22

Selecting random files via the mouse

Post by *margolis22 »

When I click on a file with the mouse I the press the space bar to select it, I would want to scroll down the list and then click on the next file and press the space bar to select that file also. When I do this, the previous files I selected are no longer selected. How can I have the previous files still remain selected while using the mouse/space bar to select additional files. The only way I currently work around this is to use the space bar but that is a lot slower having to arrow down through many files wheras scrolling and selecting with the mouse it almost instantaenous.
Boofo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Boofo »

They stay selected for me with the Mouse and Spacebar on XP Pro SP3. Sorry, I can't confirm this as a problem.
chmod a+x /bin/laden -- Allows anyone the permission to execute /bin/laden

How do I un-overwrite all my data?

User of Total Commander
#60471 Single user license
ouzoWTF

Post by *ouzoWTF »

Did you try a short rightclick?
Single User Licence #201763
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

Press Insert, it will select the file under the cursor and jump to the next file.
Stance
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Stance »

margolis22 wrote:How can I have the previous files still remain selected while using the mouse/space bar to select additional files.
http://www.ghisler.ch/wiki/index.php?title=Selecting_files
Space Bar
If you press [space bar] per default the cursor remains on it's current position. If you want the cursor to move to the next file (as with pressing [Insert]), you'll have to add the following entry to the Wincmd.ini:

Code: Select all

[Configuration]
SpaceMovesDown=1
HolgerK
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Selecting random files via the mouse

Post by *HolgerK »

margolis22 wrote:When I click on a file with the mouse I the press the space bar to select it, I would want to scroll down the list and then click on the next file and press the space bar to select that file also. ...
Hold down the <Ctrl> key while you click on the second, third,.. file.
You don't need the space bar for this kind of selection.

Regards
Holger
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

If you have configured right-button selection mode (default for TC), you can select files via right mouse button, spacebar, Insert key, and when you move cursor selection remains.
If you have configured left-button (default for Windows), moving cursor will remove selection, and you need to hold Ctrl or Shift to select some files.

You can change selection mode in Configuration - Options - Operation window.