This forum uses cookies. Click X button to hide this message. What is stored? 
Total Commander Forum Index Total Commander
Forum - Public Discussion and Support

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

QuickSearch eXtended
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Total Commander Forum Index -> Plugins and addons: devel.+support (English) Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2tuska
http://www.fenixproductions.pl/files/tc/CommentsWDX.zip
If you need 64bit you are out of luck as this is 32bit only.
To be honest, this is why I am not using 64bit TC: no QSE comments support.

tuska
Power Member
Power Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject: CommentsWDX.wdx - 32bit Reply with quote

2fenix_productions
Thank you for sharing the file: CommentsWDX.wdx.
I am wondering in this context about the FileDescription: "Content plugin for checking empty dirs".

Extensive tests showed that this 32bit plug-in also caused 32bit TC to crash and sometimes there was no search result.
Further in file "tcmatch.log" ... Error in Plugin: "CommentsWDX.wdx" calling "ContentGetValueW" is shown.

So I stick with FileDiz 64bit to search for comments in descript.ion-files under using QSE (QuickSearch eXtended).
TC 9.11RC1 - 32 bit + 64 bit, Windows 10 Pro (x64) Version 1703 (Build 15063.674)

Thanks anyway.

Regards
Karl
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:14 am    Post subject: Re: CommentsWDX.wdx - 32bit Reply with quote

tuska wrote:
2fenix_productions
Thank you for sharing the file: CommentsWDX.wdx.
I am wondering in this context about the FileDescription: "Content plugin for checking empty dirs".

Heh. I was always starting new plugins based on sources of the previous ones. I think I had used EmptyWDX as base and simply forgot to update this field before compiling.

tuska wrote:
Extensive tests showed that this 32bit plug-in also caused 32bit TC to crash and sometimes there was no search result.

Sorry to hear that.

tuska
Power Member
Power Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:38 pm    Post subject: German umlauts and special characters (,,,,,,) Reply with quote

2Samuel
Whenever I search with QuickSearch eXtended (version 2.2.6) for TC file comments ("Files" - "Edit Comment ... Ctrl + Z")
using the plugin FileDiz.wdx64 (Long description), I usually get no result in the following cases:

1. The file name has at least one german umlaut or special character (,,,,,,)
2. The TC file comment (e.g. Lsungen <solutions>) has at least one umlaut or special character (,,,,,,)

This setting in tcmatch.ini has also failed:
Code:
[replace]
chars1=|ae
chars2=|ue
chars3=|oe
chars4=|Ae
chars5=|Ue
chars6=|Oe
chars7=|ss

I do not understand the corresponding description in the file tcmatch.pdf and tcmatch_de.pdf.
Whether this setting has any effect is beyond my knowledge - I can not recognize any.

Isn't there any possibility to improve this?

Could you maybe do something with Codepage 1252 here? (Just a wild guess, I'm not a programmer!)

Regards
Karl
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:23 am    Post subject: Re: German umlauts and special characters (,,,,,,) Reply with quote

There should be some Unicode problems, I don't know if I can look into it. You could try to work around it by additionally replacing:
Code:
ä|ae
ö|oe
ü|ue
ß|ss
Ä|Ae
Ö|Oe
Ü|Ue

IIRC you could also try to enable debugging to see what he gets from the wdx plugin.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Total Commander Forum Index -> Plugins and addons: devel.+support (English) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48
Page 48 of 48

Jump to: