QuickSearch eXtended

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

Samuel wrote:
white wrote:That option doesn't make any sense when using regular expressions which is partial matching by nature.
I disagree - for consistency this works in all search modes including RegEx. All this option does for regex is adding a "^" in front of the expression (if it is not there) already. The expression "?cat" is converted to "?^cat". There is no effect with an expression like "?.*cat".
If all the option 'Match only at the beginning' does for regex is add a "^" in front of the expression, why does is effect the following expressions:

Code: Select all

?^(cat|dog)

?^cat|dog
It seems it does not work correctly.
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

white wrote:
Samuel wrote:Everything works like it was designed. I don't see any problems here.

?^(?!.*dog).*cat
This does work with the option [Match only at beginning of files/words] enabled and disabled.
It does not work when I select RegEx search in dropdown box and remove the leading question mark. How is that possible?
This one is fun.
The char "^" is the standard activation char for simple search with match only at beginning. Perhaps this char wasn't the best idea. :D If you change it everything should work.
white wrote:If all the option 'Match only at the beginning' does for regex is add a "^" in front of the expression, why does is effect the following expressions:

?^(cat|dog)

?^cat|dog
It seems it does not work correctly.
Its the same here: the or separator char "|" splits your RegEx into 2 separate RegEx: "^cat" and "dog".

This comes in handy if you search for something like: (a file containing a number from 500-999 and the string "temp" or "tmp" in any order)

?[5-9][0-9][0-9]|te?mp
Perhaps a RegEx entry should always used as is.
oshizelly

Post by *oshizelly »

2Samuel
Please post the content of your tcmatch.ini the exact used filtertext and the file you expect to get (that get wrongly filtered).
It seems, that the error was on my side, as I used a bit outdated version of your plugin. I've just updated it till v2.2.3 - and now I am not able to reproduce this error. Yes, I confirm, that this regexp

-?^(?!.*cat).*dog
works correctly nevertheless either the option [Match only at beginning of files/words] is enabled or disabled.

I'm very sorry for confusion.
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

Samuel wrote:The char "^" is the standard activation char for simple search with match only at beginning. Perhaps this char wasn't the best idea. :D If you change it everything should work.
I think if a search type is selected using the dropdown box then the activation chars should all be disabled. The values in the dropdown box could look like this:

1 <search type>          (search type by activation char)
2 Simple search
3 Simple search match beginning
4 RegEx search
5 Similarity search
6 Srch
Samuel wrote:Its the same here: the or separator char "|" splits your RegEx into 2 separate RegEx: "^cat" and "dog".

This comes in handy if you search for something like: (a file containing a number from 500-999 and the string "temp" or "tmp" in any order)

?[5-9][0-9][0-9]|te?mp
Weird example because that is exactly what the regex expression does when you don't break the regex syntax.
Samuel wrote:Perhaps a RegEx entry should always used as is.
Yes.
sgp

Post by *sgp »

Samuel wrote:Perhaps a RegEx entry should always used as is.
+1
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

white wrote:
Samuel wrote:The char "^" is the standard activation char for simple search with match only at beginning. Perhaps this char wasn't the best idea. :D If you change it everything should work.
I think if a search type is selected using the dropdown box then the activation chars should all be disabled. The values in the dropdown box could look like this:

1 <search type>          (search type by activation char)
2 Simple search
3 Simple search match beginning
4 RegEx search
5 Similarity search
6 Srch
Good idea.
white wrote:
Samuel wrote:Its the same here: the or separator char "|" splits your RegEx into 2 separate RegEx: "^cat" and "dog".

?[5-9][0-9][0-9]|te?mp
Weird example because that is exactly what the regex expression does when you don't break the regex syntax.
The code was wrong. I meant: (with " " as standard "and"-separator)

?[5-9][0-9][0-9] te?mp
versalzen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *versalzen »

Hi folks,
please excuse my ignorance not to read all the 39 pages of this thread to maybe find 252 different and outdated information to my (hopefully simple) question:

The DL Link in post#1 does not seem to work here: http://cid-f8c4901fa2fb692e.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/TC/QuickSearch%20eXtended/QuickSearch%20eXtended.zip

is this the same? http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/google_like_qs.html

'cause the downloaded file is called: util_Google_like_QS_2.2.3.zip, but seems to have valid content, but since I don't know the content, I'd like to ask.
Was nützt der Löffel für die Weisheit, wenn man zu weit vom Suppentopf entfernt sitzt?

Mario
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

Works fine for me. I open the link in my browser and click on 'Download' at the top of the screen.
versalzen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *versalzen »

white wrote:
Works fine for me. I open the link in my browser and click on 'Download' at the top of the screen.
I'm glad, it works fine for you!
So I'll wait for somebody who answers my question.
Was nützt der Löffel für die Weisheit, wenn man zu weit vom Suppentopf entfernt sitzt?

Mario
iana

Post by *iana »

yes they are the same, just downloaded from both links and did a binary compare, the files are identical, why they have different names?
From the readme
Version 1.5.1
Important change: The name “Google like Quicksearch” changed to “QuickSearch eXtended”.
and changing it's totalcmd.net name isn't as simple.

btw here's the md5 od both files
42013271f49c79c667ccb1050b5930e7 *QuickSearch eXtended.zip
42013271f49c79c667ccb1050b5930e7 *util_Google_like_QS_2.2.3.zip
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

iana wrote:
yes they are the same, just downloaded from both links and did a binary compare, the files are identical, why they have different names?
From the readme
Version 1.5.1
Important change: The name “Google like Quicksearch” changed to “QuickSearch eXtended”.
and changing it's totalcmd.net name isn't as simple.

btw here's the md5 od both files
42013271f49c79c667ccb1050b5930e7 *QuickSearch eXtended.zip
42013271f49c79c667ccb1050b5930e7 *util_Google_like_QS_2.2.3.zip
Everything stated here is correct. Thanks for verifying.
The download works fine here.
sheppaul

Post by *sheppaul »

Hello,

I seems to find a bug related with quicksearch extended though it's hard to reproduce.

From time to time, rename/delete function of TCMD is not working because of tcmatch64.exe.

When the problem is occurring, the rename/delete task can be performed after killing tcmatch64.exe manually in task manager.

I'm not sure but tcmatch64.exe seems to hold a file/folder sometimes.

The problem starts with recent update of TCMD, prolly 8.5x?

http://imgbox.com/Cwy9EN2Y
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

sheppaul wrote:From time to time, rename/delete function of TCMD is not working because of tcmatch64.exe.
Did not happen here. Tcmatch.exe doesn't open any files at all. Perhaps it is the working directory that blocks TC.
Does one side of TC show a subfolder of the folder you want to delete? > Try to move to the parent folder first.

You could also try to deactivate the GUI.
sheppaul

Post by *sheppaul »

Does one side of TC show a subfolder of the folder you want to delete?
No, it's not the case and I know that.
Do you mean "Additional user interface" in the preferences of QuickSearch eXtended?
Only using TCMD x64. :)
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

sheppaul wrote:
Do you mean "Additional user interface" in the preferences of QuickSearch eXtended?
Yes.