Quick search configuration with Win key

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

Could the Win key please also used for quick search settings? I have predefined hotkeys (CTRL+ALT+, ALT+) and commands with hotkeys, hence none of the four options CTRL+ALT+letters, ALT+letters, letters only, letters with search dialog really works every time for me.
TC plugins: Autodesk 3ds Max / Inventor / Revit Preview, FileInDir, ImageMetaData (JPG Comment/EXIF/IPTC/XMP), MATLAB MAT-file Viewer, Mover, SetFolderDate, Solid Edge Preview, Zip2Zero and more
m^2
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *m^2 »

MS reserved all Win+* hotkeys for own use, it's a very bad practice when programmers don't respect it and causes troubles when MS adds new hotkeys (and it happens sometimes).

I suggest that you assign cm_ShowQuickSearch to Win+something yourself and Christian leaves it as it is.
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

m^2 wrote:I suggest that you assign cm_ShowQuickSearch to Win+something yourself and Christian leaves it as it is.
Thank you for the hint. I assigned it to WIN+<.
TC plugins: Autodesk 3ds Max / Inventor / Revit Preview, FileInDir, ImageMetaData (JPG Comment/EXIF/IPTC/XMP), MATLAB MAT-file Viewer, Mover, SetFolderDate, Solid Edge Preview, Zip2Zero and more
laSraliss

Post by *laSraliss »

Have you tried to search for any transaction with . in its name?
I have tried for V.21 and I didnt succeed.
Do you know how to do?