AutoInstallPlugins=0 BUT message…

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Clo

AutoInstallPlugins=0 BUT message…

Post by *Clo »

:arrow: ghisler(Author)

:) Good morning,

• Like the title says… It's obvious that since I have set “0”, I don't want for a message asking to install the plug-in !  :twisted:
- That's quite exasperating… :x If I close¦reopen the archive, the message is no longer displayed… that isn't a solution.
- Let's notice that there is no message in 7.04a with the same entry at the first opening, so it's at the border of a bug…
- Maybe some users would like that behaviour… ?
• Hence, I would suggest to complete¦change the current flags for that entry like :
AutoInstallPlugins=Flag
1 : Auto installation of a plug-in is enabled and starts when opening its archive (default),
0 : Displays a choice message (like currently in TC 7.5…),
-1 : Disabled without any message.
[face=arial][/face]
- TIA to consider that suggestion !

:mrgreen: VG
Claude
Clo
Last edited by Clo on 2009-06-18, 04:26 UTC, edited 2 times in total.
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fenix_productions »

2Clo
Are you sure you did no mistake?

Valid INI entry is called AutoInstallPlugins with s at the end!
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

Clo

Typo but---

Post by *Clo »

2fenix_productions

:) Hello !

• Ah ! There was a typo here, and the entry in 7.04a is :
AutoInstallPlugins=0

• The typo comes from the French Tuto (don't ask me why…) and reported in 7.5 INI…
…(copying the string up to the = sign, many times in Lister the last character is NOT copied…
I suspect something in that painting !).

But the completed flags could be kept, could they not ?

:mrgreen: KR
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
Boofo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Boofo »

I just tried this setting (set to 0) and I get no message when first opening the plugin. Or am I missing what you are saying?

I would also like to see a setting added for it to show the message every time the file is opened, too.
chmod a+x /bin/laden -- Allows anyone the permission to execute /bin/laden

How do I un-overwrite all my data?

User of Total Commander
#60471 Single user license
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Clo wrote:That's quite exasperating… :x If I close¦reopen the archive, the message is no longer displayed… that isn't a solution.
Boofo wrote:I would also like to see a setting added for it to show the message every time the file is opened, too.
This is because TC keeps last archive opened. When you open another archive in same panel and again open first, TC asks to install plugin again.

As help says, when I set AutoInstallPlugins=0, TC didn't ask for plugin install.

I don't support any archive operations like plugin installation w/o user confirmation.
Postkutscher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Postkutscher »

2Clo
Why not simply to use ctrl+down instead of enter for such archives? You will not have confirmations anymore.
Boofo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Boofo »

MVV wrote:This is because TC keeps last archive opened. When you open another archive in same panel and again open first, TC asks to install plugin again.

As help says, when I set AutoInstallPlugins=0, TC didn't ask for plugin install.

I don't support any archive operations like plugin installation w/o user confirmation.
I didn't know you could open one again after opening another and get the message. If you have more than one, that would be the ideal way to handle it, as it is now. But if you only have one you are dealing with, a setting for the message at every opening would be a better solution.

I agree with not wanting a plugin installation without any user confirmation. But that is just me. I like the auto-install feature.
Postkutscher wrote:2Clo
Why not simply to use ctrl+down instead of enter for such archives? You will not have confirmations anymore.
That is fine for keyboard users, but us mouse users don't have that advantage.

User of Total Commander
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Boofo wrote:I didn't know you could open one again after opening another and get the message. If you have more than one, that would be the ideal way to handle it, as it is now. But if you only have one you are dealing with, a setting for the message at every opening would be a better solution.
TC works with archives this way many years, and it is need to change this for adding question on each erchive entering. If you have only one plugin archive and just had pressed No and want to repeat question, just use Ctrl+U for switching panels, and TC will ask you for plugin installation again when you enter archive. For ONE archive this is NOT difficult.

I think it is better to add an internal command like cm_InstallPlugin with archive filename as parameter.
Boofo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Boofo »

2MVV,

Like I said, for us mouse users, keyboard shortcuts aren't enough. An additional setting for the message to show at all times, would be far better.

User of Total Commander
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Boofo wrote:Like I said, for us mouse users, keyboard shortcuts aren't enough. An additional setting for the message to show at all times, would be far better.
U can use menu Commands - Source<->Target:) I don't think you will very often to wish answer Yes after answering No. Currently TC shows the question dialog when it opens an archive with pluginst.inf. It is impossible to ask before opening, and it is sounds strange to change so good behaviour in order to add just a little dialog which is used in a percent of open archive cases.

And what is your opinion about new cm_InstallPlugin command?
Boofo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Boofo »

2MVV,
I know there is not going to be any setting added for what I would like to see. It was just wishful thinking on my part. My suggestions don't get looked at very seriously.

I usually open the file to read any readme file in it to see what version it is or what the parameters are for using it. I will also open them more than once for things like comparing versions, and what-not.

The cm_InstallPlugin would be a good idea also, I think, along with the setting. ;)

User of Total Commander
Postkutscher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Postkutscher »

2Boofo
Ok , keyboard has 105 keys, mouse only 2 . Keyboard-men have always profit ;)
Boofo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Boofo »

2Postkutscher

True, but if you are lousy at typing and have a bad memory (like moi), the mouse is the only way to go. ;)

User of Total Commander