“Shift+Click” on a bar button…

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Clo

Not this

Post by *Clo »

2WhACKO

:) Again…
…you also want to have nested bars, to open another linked bar as drop-down from the first linked bar, right?
• Not really… The way in which I use the button-bar is satisfactory to me,
I don't wish to display a second bar under the current one…
- As I say above, I change the bar and get always ONE displayed - it could be impossible to get more -
but each bar is able to call any other, and has its own icon (with a tool-pattern) allowing to change it directly if needed.
- That's nice with let's say, up to 6 bars (I've that in 7.04a), probably up to ten with a larger monitor (here 17" CRT only).
- I dislike a lot the notion of "default" bar, and the design "menu-like", I explained that ages ago here,
i.e. in THIS TOPIC and others to search…
…and you absolutely don't need to have OPENBAR to open your default bar, you just need to point to E:\TC_7-03_beta\default.bar, I don't understand the need to use that command.
• I know, and could use %COMMANDER_PATH%\default.bar -or any other bar- as well,
since my *.bar files are in the root of the TC folder.
- I can also copy the bar file-name+path and paste this in the command field…
- However, it's shorter to type or to find by browsing the directories… It works to open the bar, I simply noticed that
Shift+Click didn't open the bar as menu, and thought to others who could set the same…

:mrgreen: KR
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

The reason why OPENBAR doesn't support Shift to open as dropdown list is that OPENBAR can also be used in other places like hotkeys or the main menu, where this option wouldn't make any sense. Therefore you have to give the bar name without OPENBAR if you want to get the submenu.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Clo

Notes added

Post by *Clo »

2ghisler(Author)

:) Good evening,

• Well, we added notes as warnings in the Tutos at the button-bar setting chapter under “Show as Menu”
and also at the INC chapter under the OPENBAR paragraph…
- We recommend rather the full path as the command, only the *.bar file looks strange, besides some users
having a lot of bars move the *.bar files into a sub-folder.
- The updated Tutos are available @ download and will be also online soon, probably tonight (Paul's job…)
EDIT (Tues. 0:20) :  The Tutos are updated online !

:mrgreen: VG
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials