Count / statistics command for internal lister

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Hansl

Count / statistics command for internal lister

Post by *Hansl »

One little thing I miss quite much: a count function for characters / words / lines for the internal lister.

This was implemented in the original Norton Commander decades ago, on key F6, if I remember correctly - still today sometimes I press F6 in lister and get disappointed every time...

At the same time, lister could then also display the current line / column cursor location. Thus it could preserve its speed by partially loading large files and doing these calculations only on request. At that thought: Esc should interrupt the command -- in case of very large files taking a long time to load.

Hansl
Postkutscher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Postkutscher »

2Hansl
You can try SynPlus plugin. It already does that and does good enough.
Hansl

Post by *Hansl »

Thanks for the pointer, Postkutscher! But I can't find those statistics in SynPlus...? Just the current cursor location.

And SynPlus is a quite large and slower plugin just for that little wish so I am reluctant to use it. And I really don't want editing functions in a viewer. Especially since I am used since many years to a very powerful programmer's text editor http://zeusedit.com/features.html which I have configured as TC's external editor. It has highlighting too and much more.
Boofo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Boofo »

2Hansl,

Have you looked at EditPlus 3?
chmod a+x /bin/laden -- Allows anyone the permission to execute /bin/laden

How do I un-overwrite all my data?

User of Total Commander
#60471 Single user license
Postkutscher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Postkutscher »

Hansl wrote:And SynPlus is a quite large and slower plugin just for that little wish so I am reluctant to use it.
I can understand your point, but I`m afraid it will be a very long time until your suggestion goes to the top of todo list of Mr. Ghisler. This list very long.
As for me, I would also wish to have such a function in lister, but it seems to can speed it down.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

I think it is possible to find/write plugin for lister which will show your statistics when you call it (i.e. choose Options - Image/Multimedia as for wlx plugin) and associate it with text files. So, you'll have both text viewer and stats shower.