mklink + file lock

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

pbz

mklink + file lock

Post by *pbz »

I tend to use / need directory junctions quite a bit. It's nice that TC makes it very obvious what folder is a junction but I would love to be able to:
1) From one panel press a key combo that would make a junction on the other side (the way copy works)
2) Easily see where a certain junction points to.
This would beat using mklink or junction (from sysinternals).

When copying/deleting files it sometimes won't work because some process has that file open. It would be helpful if TC would give me a list of the processes that are not cooperating and give me the option of killing that process.

Thanks.
sqa_wizard
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *sqa_wizard »

For the time being, you may use NTFS Links tool for easy creation of hardlinks and junctions (even recursive) and NL_Info content plugin to show the related info.
Both will work from an USB-stick as well.
#5767 Personal license
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

As sqa_wizard said, you need NTFS Links and NL_Info. I may describe how I use this stuff. First of all, install NL_Info and unpack NTFS Links.

Code: Select all

[Searches]
Any Dir_SearchFor=
Any Dir_SearchIn=
Any Dir_SearchText=
Any Dir_SearchFlags=0|000002000020||||||||22221|0000|
Any File_SearchFor=
Any File_SearchIn=
Any File_SearchText=
Any File_SearchFlags=0|000002000020||||||||22220|0000|
[HintsCustomField]
0exts=>Any Dir
0fields=Junction: [=nl_info.Reparse Point Target]
1exts=*
1fields=Hardlinks: [=nl_info.Number of Hard Links]
2exts=>Any File
2fields=Hardlinks: [=nl_info.Number of Hard Links]
This (in wincmd.ini) will add to a tooltip of any junction its home path (for normal dirs path will be null), and to a tooltip of aly file hardlinks count (for normal file this equal to 1).

Code: Select all

[em_NtfsLinks]
cmd=%COMMANDER_PATH%\Addons\NtfsLinks\NtfsLinks.exe
param="%L" "%T
menu=Create NTFS Link(s)
button=
This (in usercmd.ini) will add a command em_NtfsLinks for hardlinks and junctions creating. How to use it? I assign a hotkey Alt+F6 for em_NtfsLinks (you may add this command to menu or toolbar), and now I can create hardlinks/junctions for selected files/dirs. Recursion level you can set in the NTFS Links window. If you will copy this to your usercmd.ini, don't change param= string. It may look funny but it works correctly.