Ctrl+B - Go to file directory in Search results window

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Lev

Ctrl+B - Go to file directory in Search results window

Post by *Lev »

Ctrl+B is used in TC for Branch view. While you are in the Branch view mode you can select a file and press Ctrl+B again - you will go to the selected file's subdirectory.
I want the same in the panel created with the Feed to listbox button from the Search dialog - to press Ctrl+B and to go to the file's subdirectory.
StickyNomad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StickyNomad »

Doubleclick or ENTER on the desired file in the search results window does what you want.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

He means the "Feed to listbox" list. Currently you can only open the dir with the file under the cursor in a _different_ panel:
Ctrl+Right arrow will open it in the right panel when the result list is in the left.
Ctrl+Up arrow will open it in the same panel, but in a new tab.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
StickyNomad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StickyNomad »

2ghisler(Author)
He means the "Feed to listbox" list.
:oops: I have overseen that... Thanks for clarification.

While trying that I noticed the following:
If I press Ctrl+Right (after feeding the search results to listbox), the subdirectory is opened and the active file is selected as expected.
If I press Ctrl+Up or Ctrl+Shift+Up, the directory is opened too, but the active file is _not_ selected.

If this is not intended, I can post a bug report.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Christian,
Ctrl+Right arrow will open it in the right panel when the result list is in the left.
Why not also use Ctrl-Left to open it in the left panel when the result list is in the left?

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Lev

Post by *Lev »

Currently I'm using Ctrl+Arrows jumpings there and back, pressing tabs to switch active panels, Alt+left arrow to restore the opposite tab, tab again etc. etc. I know workarounds. I can even automate it using some scripting engines. But it is a suggestions section, not workarounds. I don't want to remember which file listing I see - Branch view or Feed to listbox. I want the shortcut to do the same operation.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

I support Ctrl+B for jump to file.