File comparison\option to change highlighting color red?

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Heppchen

File comparison\option to change highlighting color red?

Post by *Heppchen »

Sorry to bother again.

Did I miss an option to change the highlighting color (red) in file contents comparison dialog?

I prefer a color which inverts.

Color inversion is also my default setting for file selections. The red color only for the text is too weak, an inversion would make sense in my point of view, especially when only a blank space is the difference ;)

Thanks for taking care.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Please look at the Color page of the Configuration dialog. There is an items list at the bottom where you may setup colours for lister and compare tool.
Heppchen

Post by *Heppchen »

MVV wrote:Please look at the Color page of the Configuration dialog. There is an items list at the bottom where you may setup colours for lister and compare tool.
Cool, thanks. I have overlooked the drop down control :(

I continue to use default red for differences, but changed the text color for marked text now to yellow (on grey background) :)

This is much better for me.

But unfortunately inverting is not possible.
That would be great to have this in next versions.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Heppchen wrote:But unfortunately inverting is not possible.
What kind of inverting do you want? You may choose colours that will invert each other.
Heppchen

Post by *Heppchen »

MVV wrote:
Heppchen wrote:But unfortunately inverting is not possible.
What kind of inverting do you want? You may choose colours that will invert each other.
But you can only define one color for compare by content text and not more. Or I am not able to find the modification for the compare by content background color. Ok, I will search for the background color of the compare by content dialog.

[Update] I have searched the forum. It seems that changing the background color in Compare To Content dialog is currently not possible :(

http://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=21475&highlight=colour
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Heppchen wrote:I have searched the forum. It seems that changing the background color in Compare To Content dialog is currently not possible :(
As I know, Comparer uses standard Windows colour for background colour of unselected text. All other colours you may adjust within TC.