Problem with "extraction" dialog

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Simone

Post by *Simone »

I just tried the extraction from a zip- archive. It got a long path so I tried to expand the extraction pallet. A wonder: It worked.

But the scrollbar did not changed its size nor the path.

So what's wrong with it? Another case of misconfiguration above the authors skills?

For this topic I would like to see a background button, because the extraction operation usually needs a while.

Regards from Germany

Simone
karlchen
Power Member
Power Member

Problem with "unpack" dialogue

Post by *karlchen »

Hello, Simone.
Please note that the term used by T.C. is "unpack", not "extraction". Using the T.C. term might ease communication.
I just tried the extraction from a zip- archive. It got a long path so I tried to expand the extraction pallet. A wonder: It worked.
What exactly did you do? Mark a ZIP-file and press Alt-F9? Or enter the ZIP-Archive, select one or more files/folders and press F5?
I admit that I do not understand what the second sentence is supposed to tell us.
Neither the "Unpack Files" dialogue box (having used F5), nor the "Unpack Files" dialogue box (having used Alt-F9) are resizeable.
Maybe it would help if you gave us the exact steps which you followed and posted a screenshot, too.
But the scrollbar did not changed its size nor the path.
I admit I fail to understand about which scrollbar you might be talking.
No matter whether I use the Alt-F9 apporach on a ZIP- file or the F5 approach from within the ZIP-file, I do not get a dialogue box which displays any kind of scrollbar.
Again a screenshot might be helpful.
For this topic I would like to see a background button, because the extraction operation usually needs a while.
Once the unpacking process has started T.C. will display a dialogue box which illustrates the progress of the operation.
This dialogue box has got 3 buttons, from left to right: Pause - Cancel - Background.
Press the Background button in order to send the unpacking process to the background.

Regards,
Karl
--
P.S.:
Another case of misconfiguration above the authors skills?
I do not think that speculating on the author's skills will help find a solution. - Next time, simply remove such personal attacks from your post before pressing the "Send" button. They reveal details about you as a person, but do not hold any fact about Christian's skills.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Unfortunately I don't understand either what you mean. :(
What scrollbar?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com