Path-Bar Fly-Outs Scroll-Down Falls Off The Bottom

Bug reports will be moved here when the described bug has been fixed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Phred

Path-Bar Fly-Outs Scroll-Down Falls Off The Bottom

Post by *Phred »

I love the new path-bar fly-outs (what DO we call them?) but I find that when I press the down-arrowhead (triangle) and scroll all the way to the bottom:- the fly-outs immediately disappear, and I'm back to where I started from.

This scrolling is necessary to get down to the lower alphabet folders - like Zambia.

I would expect to be able to release the mouse from the - v - when scrolling and to be able to move the mouse up to a folder to select it.

## My greatest disappointment with these new Miller columns is the need to click on the down-arrowhead - when all others behave differently: they fly out automatically (when the option is ticked).
## This mandatory click necessity is an extra cognative process that just shouldn't be necessary, IMO. When all other arrowheads behave one way, it's another thought process when one other arrowhead just sits there.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

I agree that mouse click on disabled scroll button (i.e. disabled after scrolling) in breadcrumb menus shouldn't close menu.

Also I may suggest you to use your mouse wheel for scrolling (that's faster) and to use PgDn and End keys for extra-fast scrolling.
Phred

Yes, but and good.

Post by *Phred »

MVV wrote:Also I may suggest you to use your mouse wheel for scrolling (that's faster) and to use PgDn and End keys for extra-fast scrolling.
[emphasis added] Ah, yes, I wish I could use my mouse wheel.. :cry: I'm a trackball devotee because I'm an upright knuckle man, and the 'wheel buttons' no longer lock in the new OSs. Or maybe it's my KVM box.

Even so, I believe the -v- needs attention - and I'll use the keyboard too. Thanks.

## Furthermore, I'll add that the analogue to the -v- occurs in Windows itself where the Start menu's submenus fly out (when they're set to scroll), and the -v- and -^- auto-scroll.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

This is indeed not intentional - the change was meant for drag&drop only, when the user releases the left mouse button over the scrolling panels during drag&drop.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Phred

Dual Functionality

Post by *Phred »

Interesting, Christian.

It's seems we have emergent dual functionality. I wasn't aware of the drag&drop capability. I shall watch to see if it gets a modification.

I've been using the fly-outs for tree walking. A valid use, yes?
I seem to think that there was a small [ v ] dropdown box at first, then the fly-outs. That feature seems to have gone in RC1, or perhaps it is a setting.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

It's a setting in Configuration - Options - Layout: "Auto-open when moving mouse over it".
Boofo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Boofo »

So that's why I keep getting the drop down if I move the mouse too far up. Thanks for the info.
chmod a+x /bin/laden -- Allows anyone the permission to execute /bin/laden

How do I un-overwrite all my data?

User of Total Commander
#60471 Single user license
Phred

Ah yes

Post by *Phred »

Yes, thanks Christian.
I realised that it was the drop-down/auto-open setting after I mentioned it. 'Auto-open when moving mouse over it', on the Options, Layout page. I've migrated to auto-open consistently now.

## At the risk of raising another issue - the horizontal mouse movement over the fly-outs often loses the current selection when you stray off-line, and you're suddenly back a level.
It's a narrow stripe that we have to run the mouse along.
It would be great if the off-horizontal movement were more forgiving - so that we could move a little more obliquely to choose the next folder we want in successive fly-outs.
This may be a global sub-menu response setting, I fear.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Seems to be fixed in 7.5 RC2. Drop-down menu isn't closes anymore if you click onto disabled scroll '^' or 'v' button!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks - can anyone else confirm it too?
StickyNomad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StickyNomad »

I can confirm that too, the dropdown isn't closed anymore in RC2.
Phred

Yes, but

Post by *Phred »

Yes, confirmed here too.

No chance the v and ^ can auto-scroll too, in the same way as all the other arrowheads?
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Yes, but

Post by *MVV »

Phred wrote:Yes, confirmed here too.

No chance the v and ^ can auto-scroll too, in the same way as all the other arrowheads?
Good idea to turn scrolling on by hovering buttons.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks for confirming the fix! Currently the buttons scroll automatically only during drag&drop.