Mapped network drives

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Rex

Mapped network drives

Post by *Rex »

Hav only tryed this in win7 64bit, with rc1.

I have 3 mapped network drives, but after xx. time tcm loses connection to them, and can't reconnect when i click on the drive.

I do not have tis problem with 7.04a.
Personal License #58082
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I'm not aware of any changes which could cause that, sorry. Do you use any third party networking software, or did you make any changes to the default networking settings on Windows 7?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Rex

Post by *Rex »

ghisler(Author) wrote:I'm not aware of any changes which could cause that, sorry. Do you use any third party networking software, or did you make any changes to the default networking settings on Windows 7?
I do both.
I have mapped a network drive threw windows network add net drive, and i map 2 drives by a autoIt login script.

But after i have "downgarde" to the stable 7.04a i have no problem with dir don't exist from tcm.

/Rex
Personal License #58082
tazz

Post by *tazz »

I have similar problem in my work.
I have Win XP 32 with 15 mapped network drives, and I have many lags since I installed this RC1 version. Today I must return back to v7.04a because the lags was 10-15 seconds. When I go to network drive i must wait some little time to read the directories (2-3 seconds(this is normal)) and when TC shows directories i must again wait (10-15 seconds) for something...
I try to copy some files because I think that the problem is in the NAS, but the speed was normal (5MB/s).
It is something new in TC7.5, something like additional window refresh?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

2tazz
Sorry, your report sounds like something completely different. Please create a new separate report.

2Rex
It sounds like your problem has nothing to do with lost connections when you write that TC doesn't even see the drives. It seems that Total Commander is marked as "run as administrator" in the link settings (right click - properties). Please remove that option, an admin has its own separate set of network drives.
Rex

Post by *Rex »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2Rex
It sounds like your problem has nothing to do with lost connections when you write that TC doesn't even see the drives. It seems that Total Commander is marked as "run as administrator" in the link settings (right click - properties). Please remove that option, an admin has its own separate set of network drives.
Hi
I think i explaned it wrong :(

When i start my computer i have no problem using the mapped drives with tcm, but if i then dont use em for some time, and then try to acces em by clicking the drive letter "a", tcm throws a drive not found error.
then i can start explorer and click the drive letter, with no prob. or in tcm do a cd \\server\share in cmd line - and then i can access the the share onesagain by using the drive letter.

But in tcm 7.4a the prob. dont exist.

I hope my explanation was better this time :oops:

/Rex
Personal License #58082
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Very strange, I have never heard of such a problem. What server do you access? It seems like it is disconnecting you after some time...
Rex

Post by *Rex »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Very strange, I have never heard of such a problem. What server do you access? It seems like it is disconnecting you after some time...
I have a synology ds-209, but still the problem dont exsist with tcm 7.04a only with the 7.5rc1 (havn't tryed rc2, but ill do so), so i dont think that is't the nas that dissconects me.

/Rex
Personal License #58082
Rex

Post by *Rex »

Rex wrote:
ghisler(Author) wrote:Very strange, I have never heard of such a problem. What server do you access? It seems like it is disconnecting you after some time...
I have a synology ds-209, but still the problem dont exsist with tcm 7.04a only with the 7.5rc1 (havn't tryed rc2, but ill do so), so i dont think that is't the nas that dissconects me.

/Rex
Hmm it just happende to me again but this time i'm using 7.04a.

but the funny thing is that if i click my drive in explorer or in this computer there's no prob, and the i can access em on tcm again ??

I just dont understand what is happening :'(

/Rex
Personal License #58082
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Maybe there is a configuration option in the Synology settings - I haven't received any similar reports so far, and the Synology devices are quite popular...
Rex

Post by *Rex »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Maybe there is a configuration option in the Synology settings - I haven't received any similar reports so far, and the Synology devices are quite popular...
Or it could be somthing with the win7rc?

I will try to finde out what end then report back :p

/Rex
Personal License #58082
Rex

Post by *Rex »

Rex wrote:
ghisler(Author) wrote:Maybe there is a configuration option in the Synology settings - I haven't received any similar reports so far, and the Synology devices are quite popular...
Or it could be somthing with the win7rc?

I will try to finde out what end then report back :p

/Rex
I did some google, seems that the problem also appears in salamander.
In the salamander forum some one suggested that you should dissable the ipv6 protocol, so i did that and haven't had any problems sins.

But i stil wonder it only seems to be a prob with 3part explorer's, thoe i haven't tryed any other explorer/commander yet. but thet again there is no problem with the mapped drives if i use the explorere, so maby i could be the way 3 part's explorer's read/understand/uses the ipv6 protocol. I'm not a programmer or a net geek so i don't know eaxly how this upv6 thing works, what i does or don't, but it shure messes up the use of mapped drives in my TCM :(

/Rex
Personal License #58082
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well, TC calls WNetAddConnection3 to restore a connection. No idea what the Explorer uses, problably some undocumented internal Windows command...
Rex

Post by *Rex »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Well, TC calls WNetAddConnection3 to restore a connection. No idea what the Explorer uses, problably some undocumented internal Windows command...
Hi
Sorry for not replying before now :(

I haven't had any drive map problem sins i disabled the ipv6 protocol.
Just wanned to let U know.

Cheers
/Rex
Personal License #58082
XioN

Post by *XioN »

Hi Rex

did you find some solution?

I have similiar problem... but it is nothing about Total Commander, I think that it is Synology or Windows problem...

I have synology 409 and mapped drives from Win7.
After boot I see disconnected drives in TCMD and Win explorer.. After try to access some disconnected network drive - drive appears connected again... But some applications are not able to reconnect and they fail in accesing network drives (for example XBMC)

After some time/sleep/wake up drives are disconnected again...