Bug reports will be moved here when the described bug has been fixed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

karx11erx

TC 7.50 RC2 + Win7 RC: TortoiseSVN menu is (almost) empty

Post by *karx11erx »

TC 7.50 RC2
Win7 RC 64 bit
TortoiseSVN 64 bit (any version)

The TortoiseSVN context submenu is (almost) empty. The Commit/Update/Checkout as well as the TortoiseSVN menu items are there, but clicking on "TortoiseSVN" opens a menu that is empty or contains a single (usually unclickable) option.

It is also shown in the x86 submenu which makes using it quite a bit more tedious than in Windows Explorer.
Balderstrom
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Balderstrom »

It doesn't relate to your problem per se, you should run SysInternal's "FileMon" with "TortoiseSVN" installed, and watch how it (TortoiseSVN) browses your whole computer... constantly opening folders that are not SVN related in the least. Maybe I'm a little paranoid, but I refuse to keep that program installed any more. It is also extremely difficult to actually stop TortoiseSVN's invasive service.
sqa_wizard
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *sqa_wizard »

2karx11erx: Welcome the the forum !

Problems with TortoiseSVN context menus are quite often reported at this forum, but mostly solved.

I suppose you have searched the forum for "Tortoise" already.
None of the 47 threads is related to your problem ?
#5767 Personal license
karx11erx

Post by *karx11erx »

Yes, I think you're paranoid. I've never had any such problems with TortoiseSVN, and it is very simple for me to stop its service.

Besides that does your message not have anything to do with the bug I described here, so if at all you should have sent me a PM instead of spamming a bug report with your propaganda.
sqa_wizard
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *sqa_wizard »

all you should have sent me a PM
Sorry, PMs are not supported on this forum ...
#5767 Personal license
Balderstrom
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Balderstrom »

This board doesn't allow PMs.
And if you don't wish to look for yourself, thats cool.
Have a nice day.
*BLINK* TC9 Added WM_COPYDATA and WM_USER queries for scripting.
karx11erx

Post by *karx11erx »

Hi sga_wizard,

no, I have not read through 47 threads related to this problem. Actually I have even found a lot more TortoiseSVN related threads here - so many that it is pointless to plow through all of them in the hope of eventually finding a duplicate entry or even a solution, probably after hours of reading.

Actually I thought I'd do the dev (team) a favor with reporting this.

I have been told elsewhere that I need to install both the 32 and 64 bit TortoiseSVN versions in order to make TC properly work with it, and I have also been told that there is no 64 bit TC version because TC is being written in Delphi - at which point I turned away in horror.

It's about time to switch to C++, I'd say (but of course that's just my opinion).

Balderstrom,

TortoiseSVN is open source. You can download, compile and debug it and see what it does. So please save me this nonsense you are trying to spread about it. Actually I wouldn't even want to receive a PM containing such rubbish.
Balderstrom wrote:It doesn't relate to your problem per se.
This says enough anyway, doesn't it.
Last edited by karx11erx on 2009-08-29, 14:30 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Balderstrom
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Balderstrom »

Yes. Your opinions are quite clear.
*BLINK* TC9 Added WM_COPYDATA and WM_USER queries for scripting.
karx11erx

Post by *karx11erx »

My good, solid arguments are quite clear.

You don't have anything really to say, so would you please stop spamming this thread. Thank you and good bye.

[mod]Please behave politely.

Hacker (Moderator)[/mod]
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

Here TortoiseSVN is listed as available but there is no entry. The same applies to other context menu extensions.
karx11erx

Post by *karx11erx »

Hacker,

first comes a user who admittedly spams this thread with stuff that doesn't belong here and only exists in Balderstrom's conspiracy theory (TortoiseSVN is open source, you can check what it does anytime), then comes a mod who completely fails to understand what is actually going on and harrasses me for calling a spade a spade.

Mod or not - don't harrass users who are right and stick to facts.

[mod]Being [OT] - though discouraged - is no offence, while being rude and arrogant is. Consider this an official warning before a 7-day ban.

Hacker (Moderator)[/mod]
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

[Off Topic]

Post by *petermad »

TC is being written in Delphi - at which point I turned away in horror
I on the other side have not been impolite

Hmm... :roll:
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Postkutscher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Postkutscher »

karx11erx wrote:Hacker,

first comes a user who admittedly spams this thread with stuff that doesn't belong here ....
Let karx11erx to have his own thread. He will told with himself there only about related stuff,nobody will "spam this thread". May be he wants to change to c++ and wrote his own open source file manager on C++ from scratch. :lol:
This man has made my day. LOL

And yes, I am also a spambot ;)
karx11erx

Post by *karx11erx »

Hacker,

you can stuff your warning. The case is pretty clear to me: You goofed up, have been told you did, couldn't take it and hence start to wave your aweful, pardon me, awesome mod powers in my direction. Applause, applause. When you make claims like you do, back them up with facts, so quote where I have been rude and explain why that would constitute rudeness.

petermad,

what is claiming TortoiseSVN would be scanning the entire HD for files and is therefore a security risk when you can check the program's behavior for yourself using its source code other than negative propaganda and a conspiracy theory?

I am a professional software dev with several (more than two) decades of experience. I know what I am talking about - even when proposing to switch to C++ (C# might be a good idea, too). You don't seem to.

Postkutscher,

people like you are called trolls. Go learn some proper English.

Actually the only valid responses to this thread would have been a proposition of a solution or a link to such a proposition.

You people can't behave. That includes hacker.

Thanks for the warm welcome and appreciation of people bothering to register here to help improve TC. Now where's the logout button ...

[mod]Here you are:
Yes, I think you're paranoid.
spamming a bug report with your propaganda
save me this nonsense you are trying to spread about it
such rubbish
people like you are called trolls. Go learn some proper English.
The quotes above are considered rude. I have omitted your posts directed at me.
As you have not changed your ways, the ban is effective now and will be lifted on Sep 6th.

Hacker (Moderator)[/mod]
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Unfortunately I don't currently have access to Windows 7 x64, so I tested it on Vista x64 - there is no problem here with latest Tortoise:
https://plugins.ghisler.com/pic/tortoise_screenshot.jpg

However, since I'm testing this on Vmware, there is no AeroGlass effect. It's possible that Tortoise uses a different mechanism on Windows Vista and Windows7 with AeroGlass to send e.g. the icons to the context menu. Can you test if you get this problem also with the Windows Classic theme?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com