TC 7.5 re-setting copy/delete operations to default??

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

satyr

TC 7.5 re-setting copy/delete operations to default??

Post by *satyr »

Hey all. Is it true that in the latest TC 7.5 the copy/delete operations (i.e. settings under Configuration - Copy/Delete) are automatically re-set to default option??

You see, after the upgrade to version 7.5 I noticed that my personal/custom advanced settings are greyed-out (so they obviously remained in the .ini file) and "Use standard copy method (recommended)" option is selected.

Now, if choosing the default vs. big file methods etc. are actually advanced settings (as it says: "meant only for experts") that can screw-up things (slowing down copy/delete operations etc.), for instance specifying drive letters that are on the same hard-disk (in my case CD,FGH), and setting the compatibility mode for certain drives (A:\ - floppy, and B:\ - my RAMdrive my case) aren't such advanced settings in my opinion.

So now you can either let it at default/recommended settings (and have all the other settings, except "General Copy+Delete options" at the bottom, greyed-out), or you can choose the non-default/not-recommended settings, and need to specify all (this is of course same as before) the options.

And so my question is: will TC itself use the big file copy mode too, decide/know which parititions are on the same hard-disk (possibly also recognize USB sticks/CD/DVD drives) etc., if default setting (for which it says in Help: "Let Total Commander choose the copy method.") is selected??
Here's a link to my personal Tadej's computing homepage website, please check it out if you're interested in my computing-related articles, discoveries, hints, principles, rules etc.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Yes, TC uses CopyFileEx by default now. You can turn off this default method via Configuration - Options - Copy/Delete.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
satyr

Post by *satyr »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Yes, TC uses CopyFileEx by default now. You can turn off this default method via Configuration - Options - Copy/Delete.
Ahh, thanks for reply. So now TC uses (only) CopyFileEx in default mode, and therefore the answer to my question below is negative (i.e. in default mode TC doesn't use also the big file copy mode etc.):
satyr wrote:And so my question is: will TC itself use the big file copy mode too, decide/know which parititions are on the same hard-disk (possibly also recognize USB sticks/CD/DVD drives) etc., if default setting (for which it says in Help: "Let Total Commander choose the copy method.") is selected??
Here's a link to my personal Tadej's computing homepage website, please check it out if you're interested in my computing-related articles, discoveries, hints, principles, rules etc.