Incorrect file time display in RAR archive

Bug reports will be moved here when the described bug has been fixed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

mslav

Incorrect file time display in RAR archive

Post by *mslav »

I have found a very strange bug in new version of TC 7.50. Please look at the:

mslav.intense.ru/031006.rar

with only one file inside it. If you open this archive in WinRAR it shows file time as 2:20 and this is correct. But if you open this archive in TC, it shows file time as 02:12 and this IS NOT correct. But if you extract this file using TC then the extracted file time IS correct! The main problem is that when you compare file in archive and extracted file TC marks them as different files. By the way, the previous version 7.04a shows correct file time, so the bug in new version only.
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fenix_productions »

2mslav
Please, provide more information. Or even share problematic archives if it's possible.

Files dates/times in RAR archives are shown properly here.
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

mslav

Post by *mslav »

fenix_productions wrote:2mslav
Please, provide more information. Or even share problematic archives if it's possible.

Files dates/times in RAR archives are shown properly here.
You are so fast! :shock: I've just created a new message without body but you immediately read it! :D My message is already updated.
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

2mslav
No problems here. TC shows 02:20.

Can you upload your wincmd.ini file?
Does the problem occur if you start TC with clean INI file (start it with parameter /i=clean.ini)?
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

mslav

Post by *mslav »

fenix_productions wrote:2mslav
No problems here. TC shows 02:20.

Can you upload your wincmd.ini file?
Does the problem occur if you start TC with clean INI file (start it with parameter /i=clean.ini)?
INI file has nothing to do with this problem. Please look at the

mslav.intense.ru/my_ini.png
mslav.intense.ru/clean_ini.png

The second one was made with "/i=clean.ini" but both times was shown 2:12.
Any other ideas?

PS. I've tested it in XP, Vista and 7, both with my and clean INI and all times the file time was 02:12 instead of 02:20!
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

mslav wrote:Any other ideas?
The only thing which comes to my mind are system settings responsible for time/date display. I've got Polish version of Windows XP. Judging from hosting addresses I assume you've got Russian one so maybe this one is specific for your language only? Though I am guessing.

You might try to go to Control Panel -> Regional and Language settings and set different Date/Time display. Maybe this will change something.

Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

UnRAR.dll version?

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
mslav

Post by *mslav »

fenix_productions wrote:The only thing which comes to my mind are system settings responsible for time/date display. I've got Polish version of Windows XP. Judging from hosting addresses I assume you've got Russian one so maybe this one is specific for your language only? Though I am guessing.

You might try to go to Control Panel -> Regional and Language settings and set different Date/Time display. Maybe this will change something.
Thanks for your answer, but please note that when TC extracts the file from the archive it shows correct time, so I think the Control Panel settings has nothing to do with this problem. Especially if the time difference is less then 8 minutes :wink:
Last edited by mslav on 2009-09-18, 15:15 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
mslav

Post by *mslav »

Hacker wrote:UnRAR.dll version?

Roman
UnRAR.dll version is 3.80.100.259 (shipped with tcmd750.exe)

But as far as I understand TC uses UnRAR.dll only for extraction but not for displaying list of files in the archive. Extraction is working fine and sets correct file time but displaying archive content shows incorrect time.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Indeed TC uses unrar.dll only for extracting, it reads the dir listing internally. But I cannot reproduce the error here either. :(
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
mslav

Post by *mslav »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Indeed TC uses unrar.dll only for extracting, it reads the dir listing internally. But I cannot reproduce the error here either. :(
OK, I'll try to change available system settings to avoid the problem and to determine which setting cause this problem.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

It shows 2:20 here too (Danish locale and regional settings).

But the time of the file is actually 2:20:03 which is not supported by FAT only by NTFS - could that be a clue to the reason for the problem? Although I can't see how that should have any impact as long as the file is INside the archive.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

[mod][OT] posts moved to Ctrl-U and RAR archives.

Hacker (Moderator)[/mod]
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I could reproduce it now - but only by setting the time zone to Moscow time!

Actually it's an overflow in the calculation of the correct time when adding the one odd second to the NTFS time (not supported by TC 7.04a yet).
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
mslav

Post by *mslav »

I confirm that the bug is fixed in 7.50a
#208325 Single user licence