[WFX] VirtualPanel: Temporary panel for TC

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

woxinbuji

Post by *woxinbuji »

how can I get the absolute paths of files in virtualpanel and export them to a file with suffix such as .txt or .xls?
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Currently TC doesn't allow to get list with full paths for just selected files. But you can use export script command to export full paths of items in a folder by mask.
woxinbuji

Post by *woxinbuji »

Shall I type "<export d:\1.txt virtual Panel\*.*" in the command line? It creat the 1.txt, however, there is nothing in it while there are files in virtual panel.
By the way, I think it will be better if there are some examples in help files.
Can you give me some example? Thanks!
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

According to Readme,
export [/[a][f][r]] <filelist_path> [<virtual_path> [<mask>]]
So,

Code: Select all

<export D:\1.txt \ *
You shouldn't specify 'virtual panel' in path, root plugin path begins just with "\". Also, don't forget about space if you specify both path and mask (they are different parameters). And, you should specify flag /r to export names recursively. Or you may simply open state file in e.g. Excel and copy corresponding data column (save state file in old-style format first if you want to see human-readable internal paths too).
woxinbuji

Post by *woxinbuji »

Thank you very much!
I type "<export /r D:\1.txt \ *", it works and give me the result I want!
However, I found if I change the"/r" to "/a" ,"/f",or blank, it doesn't work correctly, the 1.txt have nothing in it, even 1.txt can't be created. I don't know the reason.
And I am very interesting the state file you mentioned. However, I can't find it. Do you give some clues for me? Is the state file VirtualPanel.lst or VirtualPanel.log? I can find the VirtualPanel.lst, but there is nothing in it. And I cannot find the VirtualPanel.log, even I change the MaxLogSize form 0 to 1024 in fsplugin.ini.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

However, I found if I change the"/r" to "/a" ,"/f",or blank, it doesn't work correctly, the 1.txt have nothing in it, even 1.txt can't be created.
Do you have any items in root folder? If not, there is no items to export in non-recursive mode. You may try to combine flags:

<export /afr D:\1.txt \ *
And I am very interesting the state file you mentioned. However, I can't find it. Do you give some clues for me? Is the state file VirtualPanel.lst or VirtualPanel.log?
Yes, state file is VirtualPanel.lst (or other that you save via <save command or set as default file list).

Execute <properties command to know where your default file list (which keeps VP contents when you close TC) and log file are placed. Note that you should enable some of log events in order to get log file created.
woxinbuji

Post by *woxinbuji »

Thank you very much! I got it! The plugin is helpful!
woxinbuji

Post by *woxinbuji »

May I ask another question? How can I open the absolute path of a selected file in virtualpanel on the oppsite tag in TC?
I know one way: just right click the selected file to see the property, and copy the absolute path in positon, then paste it in the oppsite tag in TC. Howerver, I feel it's minute and complicated. Is there any hotkey to do it?

OK, I found it from above posts:"3. If you have plugin opened in right panel, use Ctrl+Left, else use Ctrl+Right to locate real file in target panel. This function is on TC, I can't tell TC to do anything. "

MVV, you should paste these in readme.txt:)

One more question: how can I paste the absolute path of the selected file in virtualpanel to clipboard? Is there any hotkey?
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

MVV, you should paste these in readme.txt:)
I was thinking I did it already... :D
Readme wrote:You may use standard TC shortcuts Ctrl+Left/Right if you want to jump to target physical file in inactive panel. Also, if you put focus onto file or archive and press Shift+Enter, VP will jump to this file (or shows archive contents) in new tab.
One more question: how can I paste the absolute path of the selected file in virtualpanel to clipboard? Is there any hotkey?
I think you can't.
Hm-m, you can write a script that will get full path to file via %P%N parameter and copy it to clipboard, it will work for single file.
woxinbuji

Post by *woxinbuji »

MVV wrote: Hm-m, you can write a script that will get full path to file via %P%N parameter and copy it to clipboard, it will work for single file.
Can you give more information or examples? Do you mean to wirte the script by script language, such as ahk(autohotkey), or by the command provided by the plugin?
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

You need any tool or script language that allows to copy passed text to clipboard. Then you just call this tool/script and pass %P%N as parameter. E.g.

Command: nircmd.exe
Parameters: clipboard set %P%N
woxinbuji

Post by *woxinbuji »

Thank you very much! I will try it!
hoppfrosch

Kickstart with vpbatch

Post by *hoppfrosch »

Is there any "Kickstart for Newbies"?

I try to find some starting point for this plugin, but I fail even with the "easiest" tasks (or better: tasks which do not work as I expected ...)

What I tried:

* Open a Commandshell (cmd.exe) - being in an arbitrary folder ...
* Did a "vpbatch.exe ^add \Tests" (or as an alternative "vpbatch.exe <add \Tests") on cmdline
* vpbatch exits silently ...

What I expected was, that a new virtual folder "Tests" was created within \\\\VirtualPanel - but ... nothing happened

Another thing I tried: Putting my "^add \Tests" into a text-file (i.e. "test.script") and called from "vpbatch.exe test.script" cmdline - but also nothing happened ...

Can anybody please give initial help in using vpbatch? (Tried to get some info this thread, but found nothing appropriate yet ...)

TIA
Hoppfrosch

BTW: Would be nice, if some simple examples (and/or use cases) are given at the beginning of README - to ease the beginning with this plugin ...
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

hoppfrosch, you must have loaded VirtualPanel before launching VPBatch, it doesn't load VP for you. You should enter any VP folder once and then plugin is loaded until you unload it via cm_UnloadPlugins or close TC. After loading VP you may switch to any folder and use VPBatch from command line.

You should specify script exactly in command line (as stated in VPBatch help window and Readme file), no script files are supported.

vpbatch.exe ^add \Tests
You may see more VPBatch examples in BAR file from first post of this topic. :wink:
hoppfrosch

Post by *hoppfrosch »

MVV wrote:hoppfrosch, you must have loaded VirtualPanel before launching VPBatch, it doesn't load VP for you. You should enter any VP folder once and then plugin is loaded until you unload it via cm_UnloadPlugins or close TC. After loading VP you may switch to any folder and use VPBatch from command line.
What I did was: starting vpbatch from within cmd.exe (with opened TC and \\\\VirtualPanel loaded) - this failed. Starting vpbatch from TC-cmdline worked ... (This might be worth a hint in README)
MVV wrote:...no script files are supported.
It's a pity ...