[WFX] VirtualPanel: Temporary panel for TC

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

billiebub

Post by *billiebub »

So if I'm not in VP, I use %P%S and that works. %N or %S alone don't work. %P%N does not work in VP but %N selects one file only in VP. %S does not work in VP.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

You're right, %S doesn't work in virtual panels (BTW it is listed here as 0.b). But %P%N mentioned by you at first works fine. I tried to ask for adding converting modifier to switch between real and virtual names for single and multiple names but with no luck (you may try to find that topic).

Does your external compare tool supports more than one file as parameter? I can't imagine comparer that compares more than two files...
billiebub

Post by *billiebub »

I'm using diffpdf, an open source pdf file comparison tool. It takes two parameters, which are suppose to be the two files to be compared. I assume this is where the %S comes in?
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

%S passes names of selected files in active panel. So if you select two files and click buttonbar button, you need %S here.
EricB

Post by *EricB »

MVV,

I just installed the latest VirtualPanel 2.0.5.1205 on TC 8.0 beta21 x32 and found an oddity: it was installed as Virtual Pane (no 'l' added), also not detecting the previous installation and plainly overwriting it. File System now shows both Virtual Panel and Virtual Pane, both installed in same plugin folder. Comparing the pluginst.inf of the most recent VP with an older version shows no differences.
What do you think? TC problem? I've tried the same with TC 7.57 Final which detected the existing installation just fine.

Regards, EricB

Edit:
Installation issues seem to happen for more FS plugins, current install is not properly detected. I'm filing a TC 8.0 bug.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Thanks, this bug was reported at Russian board too and has been introduced ~ in version 1.0.0.922 (more than a year ago). I've updated distributive.
EricB

Post by *EricB »

Hi MVV,

Still odd, because the pluginst.inf of both versions I used (1205 and 1200) is exactly the same, so there should not be a name difference when installing. Anyhow, I've made a new bugreport http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?p=242797#242797 because something seems to be wrong with detecting existing FS plugin when installing (no overwrite dialog anymore).

Regards, EricB
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

EricB, when TC installs new plugin it asks for default root name via function FsGetDefRootName which had returned truncated string. There are no changes in pluginst.inf required to fix it since it doesn't suggest default root name.
EricB

Post by *EricB »

MVV,

Thanks, I saw your explanation in my other thread.

Regards, EricB
jmwap

Post by *jmwap »

hi,

when i create a new VP, I edit in a temp text file the command to populate it:

<add >Refresh {<silent <del /d *.* <put /d . c:\Users .... many more }

I have noticed that it has a max lenght of aprox 1000 chars? Everything after that position is ignored.

How can i overcome this?
thaks
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

I think you can't. I tell to TC that string length may be up to 2047 characters, it seems that TC (or Windows) doesn't allow to have more.

But you can split script file to multiple scripts, just put them into some folder (e.g. \Scripts\MyFolder\Refresh1 etc.) and call from your Refresh script using exec command.

Also you may create a list of paths (physical file, you may place it everywhere) you use in put commands and use command like put /dl . C:\Path\MyList.lst (i.e. with flag /l) to load all paths from list file - file may have any extension. So you will need only one put command, and it will be much easier to modify list.

I haven't tried to work with such ammount of put commands. :) How many time VP uses to open that folder? How many items you have in it?
jmwap

Post by *jmwap »

hi MVV,

Ok, that method (lst file) would be much better for me. But im doing something wrong, cause not working:

1. I create C:\Users\vplist.lst with:
C:\Users\dochowto.txt
C:\Users\folder

2. in vp dir I run:
<add >Refresh {<silent put /dl . C:\Users\vplist.lst }

3. I see >Refresh file but nothing else.

Regarding perf, I dont have that many files: at most 20 files and 10 folders, but due to the long paths reach 1000 limit very soon.

thanks
xm
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Have you enabled execution of refresh scripts? Open cfg dialog, tab Settings, and check 'Autoupdate scripts', also type '>Refresh' into field 'Autoupdate script name'.

Also, if execution of autoupdate scripts is disabled, you can simply execute your >Refresh script manually and then update panel (F2 or Ctrl+R) to see changes.

And, you can set read-only attribute for script to protect it from deletion.
jmwap

Post by *jmwap »

jmwap wrote:hi MVV,

Ok, that method (lst file) would be much better for me. But im doing something wrong, cause not working:

1. I create C:\Users\vplist.lst with:
C:\Users\dochowto.txt
C:\Users\folder

2. in vp dir I run:
<add >Refresh {<silent put /dl . C:\Users\vplist.lst }

3. I see >Refresh file but nothing else.

Regarding perf, I dont have that many files: at most 20 files and 10 folders, but due to the long paths reach 1000 limit very soon.

thanks
xm
my bad, was missing a < before put...
Now working great!!

A question, is there a way to put relative paths in the .lst file? (relative to the lst file itself or somwhere else.
And how to set read only attr of >Referesh?

thanks
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

my bad, was missing a < before put...
Now working great!!
Cool! :D
A question, is there a way to put relative paths in the .lst file? (relative to the lst file itself or somwhere else.
It was made for importing m3u playlists so all relative paths use folder where list is placed (or a drive in case of paths that start with '\') as a base folder.
And how to set read only attr of >Referesh?
Via TC's attributes dialog. :)