[WFX] VirtualPanel: Temporary panel for TC

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

What's up? 8)
Is it too long to understand or what? :D

Maybe '2' and 'Unicode' are really redundant. But 'virtual panel' and 'temporary panel' are different things: first one is plugin name while second one is plugin type. About 'for TC' - no comments. :)
Last edited by MVV on 2013-10-08, 17:42 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Alextp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Alextp »

what's up? I don't like to read LOOONG topic title again and again. Boring. Ur VP title is one of most redundant on Ghisler-ch...
Alextp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Alextp »

U shortened a little. Almost ok )
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Feel free 2 write a script 4 Ur browser that will modify my topic title on the fly. :D

PS. Many plugins have longer titles. Topic title should tell as much information as it can (at least plugin type to distinguish topic from ones that discuss some generic things or ask questions). And it can't be applied to your titles. Let's stop this OT.
Alextp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Alextp »

[OT, the end]
I don't use scripts in my browser to change topics. So I asked u to change it. Thank
sgp

saved me a lot of time

Post by *sgp »

I just wanted to say again thank you for this plugin. This time virtual panel Explorer was a real time saver for me. I had to visually examine 312 PDF files and rename the ones that didn't meet certain criteria. With VP Explorer this task was easy and quick because VP Explorer let me easily rename the virtual object without worrying whether the the real PDF file was being locked in the PDF viewer.
Now I wonder, does VP provide a way to apply the renaming from the virtual objects back to the real objects? I could always export the list of renamed virtual objects and write a cmd batch file to do the renaming, but if VP could do it for me that would be easier.
On another note, while in the VP list I selected several objectes and pressed F4 to mass-edit all the associated files at once. However, TC opened just one file, not all of them. This mass-edit works fine when I start it from a regular file view pane, so I'm guessing I hit a limitation of VP, is that so?
Note: "F4 menu" is assigned to my F4 key and it can mass-edit from a file view (tested).
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

sgp wrote:I just wanted to say again thank you for this plugin. This time virtual panel Explorer was a real time saver for me.
Nice to hear that. :)
sgp wrote:Now I wonder, does VP provide a way to apply the renaming from the virtual objects back to the real objects?
Real objects may be renamed only via <tgmove, not from VE.
sgp wrote:On another note, while in the VP list I selected several objectes and pressed F4 to mass-edit all the associated files at once. However, TC opened just one file, not all of them.
Unfortunately TC knows nothing about F4Menu and F4Menu knows nothing about VP, finally TC doesn't support exporting list of real names, so I doubt that there is a way to open multiple files via F4.
You can however try to play with %WL, VPBatch with <convert and generate manually filelist to be passed to F4Menu via such extra command or batch file.
sheppaul

Post by *sheppaul »

Hello

I'm trying your plugin.

Is there any way to select a font in virtual folder explorer?
Or it would be ok if the plugin can use the same font used in main panel in total commander.

It's almost impossible to read filenames in Korean.

See how it looks.
http://imgbox.com/64VFBT1h
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

sheppaul,
Strange, it should read font settings from TC...
Oh, yes, I wrote a stub with hardcoded Helv font (just to get it working somehow) and completely forgot about it. Please try this version, it duplicates font handle directly from TC panel. Hope it will solve your problem.
sheppaul

Post by *sheppaul »

Thank you!

It's fixed now.

:)
Only using TCMD x64. :)
jmwap

Post by *jmwap »

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone has noticed this issue. Imagine this:
Left pane: a vp pane with a bunch of dirs, files
Right pane: the inside of a zip file, where you have navigated

If you copy (F5) a file from L to R, it should add the file to the current dir inside the zip right? But for me the file is added a couple of dirs up inside the zip. Not sure how specific is this problem to my setup.

is this something known?

regards
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

My TC shows a error when I'm trying to add files to a subdir of an archive, I can only add files to archive root.

Hm, interesting.

When I do F5, TC suggests archive root as target location, file is added to archive root.

When I do drag-n-drop, TC suggests an archive subdirectory in the form X:\archive.zip\dir\ and shows a error.

But if I alter path after drag-n-drop to X:\archive.zip/dir\ (notice forward slash after archive path), file is added to expected folder!

I've reported this as a bug.
nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *nsp »

jmwap wrote:If you copy (F5) a file from L to R, it should add the file to the current dir inside the zip right? But for me the file is added a couple of dirs up inside the zip. Not sure how specific is this problem to my setup.
Before a bugfix is delivered :
You can edit manually the destination in case of F5 adding the destination folder after the archive name like:

Code: Select all

zip:C:\My.Zip/Dir\dest\
quantum

Post by *quantum »

I expected <tgmove f1.txt f1a.txt
to rename the physical file, which it does. But the virtual name remains unchanged? It remains f1.txt.

Is there any easier way to rename both at the same time?
quantum

Post by *quantum »

I found my way to the "Rename object with target" sample on the first page, and it works as I wanted. Thanks for the plugin! It's elaborate, and I almost gave up on it, but I'm glad I persisted. It adds unique capabilities.