[WFX] VirtualPanel: Temporary panel for TC

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

You means <tgmove only valid for file? not for folder?
There is no difference for file system it is file or folder, rename/move function works for both. Now I tried <tgmove for folder, works too. But it will work only for links to folders (you may try to open properties page to check it - virtual folders have no properties page; but keep in mind that folders inside of folder link have properties page too while <tgmove can't be used for them), not just virtual folders.
I mean the Virtual Explorer's bar which has a button "Always On Top", not the bar displayed under the TC menu.
Oh, sorry, I misunderstood you. No, you can't modify virtual explorer's toolbar, and it can't be compatible with TC bar files (it is necessary to rewrite all TC bar logic for such compatibility).
Er, my description seems a little complicated, now I try to give a simple version, what I need is quiet simple and easy.

Well, I see your task. TC limits VP possibilities so you can't work with VP as with real folder. The only thing mentioned by you is zipping that you can do from VP (but TC copies files for packing to temporary folder anyway).

If you need only 20 files, I think it would be simpler to copy them to some temporary physical files - total size is not large so copying won't take much time. The only problem with such workaround is that you can't multirename original files using copies.
xmeron

Post by *xmeron »

TC limits VP possibilities so you can't work with VP as with real folder
Thanks for your kindly reply, it seems I have to keep waiting for "turning my application/request to reality" in TC for long future time.

BTW, not everyone will read help file and write each script, what they need is "Just Click & Just Use", so your bar file example is quiet perfect for many users like me, maybe you can append more function buttons to enlarge the VP's usage, and, I think that packing this bar file to VP maybe better.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Suggested BAR file uses VPBatch and AskParam that user may not have installed or installed into another place... And, if I include BAR into package, TC will overwrite it every time you install new version so all your modifications will be lost.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Light update. :)

Virtual Panel 2.0.3.1104 (changes after 2.0.2.1100):
+ Virtual Explorer: now is able to delete physical folders recursively

Virtual Panel 2.0.3.1104 at totalcmd.net
xmeron

Post by *xmeron »

Is there any single thread for TCFS2Tools? I searched everywhere in this site but only found some replies. So I have to post here to expreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees my thanks.

I use very basic TCFS2's function from last year, till yesterday, with TCFS2Tools.dll, I succeeded to toggle/switch "hide menu/set any position of the separator" by only one same hotkey. It's so perfect! Thanks MVV!

BTW, It seems that TCFS2 support virtual keys, what's meaning for this? Means I can add Script / Macro in TCFS2.ini to get more functions?

BTW2, is there any new update for Virtual Panel?
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

xmeron, I've made a topic for TCFS2+TCFS2Tools, so lets continue to talk about them there. I'll answer your post in that topic.
BTW2, is there any new update for Virtual Panel?
There was a slight update where I've changed code that translate date into minutes for <ifcond command, I haven't released it yet.
nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Some hint/request

Post by *nsp »

I'm using the ? sign to get some parameter but it is not working with the <exec command except if it is the only parameter...

=> Could it be possible to have something allowing to get parameter for the exec command or having a way to define variable for VP ?
- <exec /w \Prog\MyScript ? -O %temp%\MyTemp.lst
- <set vpParam=sfssfsfsf or <set vpParam=?

I tried Askparam but it do not wait for call to finish it is useless in my context..
doWithParam.cmd

Code: Select all

AskParam /c"Param" /p"First" doIt.cmd %%1
I also use the <flush command it is most of the time never refreshing as i expect. For now i'm using TC Command Poster but as VirtualPanel work inside TC it could be cool to have a special command inside VP to script a little TC (send/post a command to TC)
- <tcmd 540
- <tcmd cm_ReloadSource

-- edited for readability --
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Well, problem with <exec is that it requires only one parameter, that's why it asks only for the first one. And it doesn't change following command line at all, it just executes it.

I don't think that allowing to set environment variables is a good idea, but I agree that it may be useful sometimes.

I think I can add parameter for AskParam to wait for process termination. OK, you may get updated AskParam version and use /w parameter (in any place of command line parameters but before path to program to be executed - i.e. in AskParam parameters and not in program parameters).
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Updated version is out. :)

VirtualPanel 2.0.3.1120:
+ explorer: always on top toolbar button and F12 key
+ explorer: now is able to delete physical folders recursively
+ explorer: remove selection mark from focused item if no selection
* ifcond function now uses API to calculate exact number of minutes
* explorer: bad colors when color values are set to -1 in wincmd.ini
* explorer: focused item didn't become selected on Ctrl+A if inversed cursor used
* explorer: Del deleted all items if no items were selected

I recommend to make a backup of default filelist on every plugin update, it may help in case of problems with new version.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Virtual Panel 2.0.4.1150:
+ log report on save deflist (flag 2)
* explorer: Del deleted all items if ".." was focused and no items selected
* dynamic TLS is now used instead of static which is buggy for dynamic libraries
* log string formats for FsDeleteFile, FsRemoveDir, FsMkDir, FsSetAttr slightly changed
* log string format bug for FsSetTime
* rename via <move command bug when only name characters case is changed
* tab order in configuration dialog
infimum

Post by *infimum »

Is the script syntax (e.g. variables such as %COMMANDER_PATH%) changed at all in the latest version?
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

No, there were no any changes there. Why have you asked? Have some problems with last version?
infimum

Post by *infimum »

My script was working fine in v2.0.3.1120, but it doesn't work in v2.0.4.1150. VP can't even display icons specified in the script. No change was made to my script. What do you think?
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

That's sad. Can you post your script? Or send it by e-mail. Also please describe how it should work.

BTW, I found an error that caused VP to show wrong icons and fixed it. Thanx! :)
infimum

Post by *infimum »

My script is simple. It tries to execute an external program using Exec.exe. For exmaple, one entry in a .lst file looks like this:

Code: Select all

00000400	01CC6A73 0D047140	\>CCleaner	<EXEC \Exec.exe %COMMANDER_PATH%\ETC\Piriform\CCleaner.exe <<%COMMANDER_PATH%\ETC\Piriform\CCleaner.exe
This stopped working in the latest version. Even the icon isn't displayed. What am I doing wrong?