[WFX] VirtualPanel: Temporary panel for TC

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Updated version is released. :)

Virtual Panel 2.0.1.1090:
+ Virtual Explorer: doesn't erase all history items after current on dir change
+ Virtual Explorer: history item moves to end when clicked
+ Virtual Explorer: Alt+Down shows history
+ Explorer.RenameByF2 and Explorer.RightPixels INI options
* Virtual Explorer: drag from root bug
* Virtual Explorer: couldn't enter folders after going to root using Ctrl+\
* wrong processing of "like" operator argument for <ifcond command

Virtual Panel 2.0.1.1090 at totalcmd.net
billiebub

internal associations

Post by *billiebub »

Thanks for the update. It would be nice to have the internal associations set for total commander applied in the explorer as well.
billiebub

ontop would also be excellent for d&d

Post by *billiebub »

an OnTop feature would be an excellent choice when doing drag&drop as well
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Internal associations is a hard task - it require to parse TC INI, to check for matching with search template, I don't think it is so necessary here.

I'll add toolbar button for 'on top' mode, there was similar suggestion on Russian board.

BTW, when you move files and target window is not visible, just drag mouse onto taskbar button of that window (don't release mouse button!) and wait a second - Windows will place window on top.
billiebub

Post by *billiebub »

Thanks for the tip, I'm already familiar with it but the only issue with that is having to wait that second ;).

So I take it that the explorer main responsibilities is primarily to provide a d&d capability. If that's its only responsibilities, then I think it's legitimate to keep it as it is.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Yes, the main goal of explorer is to allow drag-n-drop from (and to) virtual panel, and I don't want to overload it (it would be great if I can tell to TC what to execute but I can't). You may still execute files within TC panels if you want to use internal associations.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Virtual Panel 2.0.2.1100:
+ Virtual Explorer: switch always on top mode by toolbar button and F12 key

Virtual Panel 2.0.2.1100 at totalcmd.net
billiebub

Post by *billiebub »

Thanks for the update. Since this is a file system plugin, I was just thinking every time I type the "explorer" keyword at the command line that what if the word "explorer" was actual shown in the Virtual Panel much like for example the Registry plugin where the developer has commands for people to double click on. Just a thought. Thanks
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Why not to use BAR file from first post or custom user-command with a hotkey that will call VPBatch with <explore command (you may just copy VE button to user-command)? :)

BTW you may type just <expl, I check only theese characters for this command (for every command I check max 4 characters). But hotkey or buttonbar button is better way I think.
billiebub

Post by *billiebub »

Thanks for the tip. I suppose I could create a hot key to use your VPBatch tool. I guess I got so spoiled with all these amazing plugins having so many features embeded in them that it made me lazy to even create a hot key :lol: . Thanks for the exceptional work my friend.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

I never wanted to keep extra items in every folder so you may add them if you really need, or you may use buttonbar buttons (I think this way is better because buttons are accessible even if you scrolled panel contents). VP does the main thing - it understands all theese tricks (before VPBatch it was impossible to execute internal commands directly from TC). :)
xmeron

Post by *xmeron »

I downloaded several versions of VP over one year, and test its function to check if the new version has what i need just like DO File Collection.

Now I downloaded it and tested again. I'm not sure if the following are bugs or it's only my os's problem:

Press button "V*P Rename object with target..." to rename a folder, "move" works, but "tgmove" seems not work.
Press button "V*P Rename object with target..." to rename a folder/file, V can not show result immediately, I have to press Ctrl+R to show the renamed result.

select multi files and press button: "P>V Add object to virtual panel...", only one file uploaded to V.

and etc.

P.S.:
Can I customize the virtual explorer's button bar? just like TC's bar file?
Does VP has auto sync fuction between V and P? not only synchronized rename, synchronized delete, but also synchronized add/append or move files/folders.
When you confirmed to del a phisical folder inside V, the folder inside V is deleted, but the one inside P is still alive?
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Code: Select all

I downloaded several versions of VP over one year, and test its function to check if the new version has what i need just like DO File Collection.
If you have some idea, you may tell about it. :)
Press button "V*P Rename object with target..." to rename a folder, "move" works, but "tgmove" seems not work.
Press button "V*P Rename object with target..." to rename a folder/file, V can not show result immediately, I have to press Ctrl+R to show the renamed result.
Just tried it now - message appeared showing new target for file, so <tgmove works fine. The only problem that panel doesn't refreshed after operation so you need to do it manually. There are a lot of places where you need to refresh panel, if you want to do it automatically, you may add a call to refreshing tool (like TCMC with corresponding command line).
select multi files and press button: "P>V Add object to virtual panel...", only one file uploaded to V.
This button is for single file (its tooltip says add object and not add objects). But you may modify button and call <put command with %WL instead of <add.
Can I customize the virtual explorer's button bar? just like TC's bar file?
YES! You can and you should, this is just a TC's bar file and you may modify it as you wish, it is provided just as an example.
Does VP has auto sync fuction between V and P? not only synchronized rename, synchronized delete, but also synchronized add/append or move files/folders.
When you confirmed to del a phisical folder inside V, the folder inside V is deleted, but the one inside P is still alive?
You may rename file/folder with its target using <tgmove.
You may move/delete files from VP holding Shift - in this case VP will ask for removing original files and will move/delete targets. If you confirm delete, VP deletes target file. But if you have this folder opened in another panel, TC won't refresh it so you will see that file is still alive but it won'r be true. Unfortunately there are no ways to refresh inactive panel in TC, also after refreshing TC exits archives so refreshes were removed from VP code.
You may add files only to real folders inside of folder links in VP (theese folders have same icons as regular folders in TC panel and theese folders may be added only using <add or corresponding buttonbar button, you can't create them using F5/F6/F7 buttons), virtual folders are not associated with physical folders so it has no meaning to move file to nowhere (VP informs you when you're trying to move files to virtual folder).
xmeron

Post by *xmeron »

message appeared showing new target for file
You means <tgmove only valid for file? not for folder?
you may modify button and call <put command with %WL instead of <add
I'm still reading your readme.txt file again and again, and try your command again and again. Your readme.txt help file (especially the script section) seems much professional/high-level/complicated than TC's help. I wish I can get the final result.
this is just a TC's bar file and you may modify it
I mean the Virtual Explorer's bar which has a button "Always On Top", not the bar displayed under the TC menu.
xmeron

Post by *xmeron »

to check if the new version has what i need just like DO File Collection
If you have some idea
Er, my description seems a little complicated, now I try to give a simple version, what I need is quiet simple and easy.
The following is a typical/classic example of my common used application with Directory Opus's File Collection (so sorry for mentioning another file manager):

I have 20 photo folders and many photos in each folder,
I choose one best photo from each folder and then upload total 20 photos to File Collection.

Now I use DO's internal image viewer, I can view these 20 photos cyclicly/looped with fullscreen.
But in TC, when you upload 20 photos to VP, and start Imagine to view photos, you can not get the same effect, you can only view the image in the same real/physical folder.
And more, I can multi rename these 20 photos both in virtual and physical position. I can zip 20 photos for other usage such as emailing.