Problems in quick view (lister)

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

hellcast

Problems in quick view (lister)

Post by *hellcast »

hi i gott this problem when i play video files in lister. some times they play normal.
but most of the time they fastforward and have no sound. i tryed to change the speed and volum but it wont change. (i dont have any plugins)

i can play mp3 files without any problems.

i been searching the forum and the web for hours now, so thanks for any answers.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Hello hellcast,
When you run mplayer2.exe from the command line, can the files be played there without problems?

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

TC uses Windows media player from the system, it doesn't play the files by itself. therefore it depends on the installed codecs whether the files play OK or not. You can use a tool like GRAPHEDIT from Microsoft (use a search engine to find it) to find out what codecs are used for that specific file. Just run GRAPHEDIT and drag the file with the mouse to it.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Alextp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Alextp »

Better to use a plugin, such as TxQuickView , totalcmd.net.
Vochomurka
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Vochomurka »

If you really don't use any plugin, try loading TC with no configuration file. If the problem persists, then Windows is guilty. If you can listen to the files now, then you DO use some plugins who have some conflicts, missettings, bugs, etc.
Single user license #329241
PowerPro scripts for Total Commander