Directories dates not preserved in unpack and FTP

Bug reports will be moved here when the described bug has been fixed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Robert Borkowski

Directories dates not preserved in unpack and FTP

Post by *Robert Borkowski »

When extracting files and directories from an archive using built-in unpacker (either using Alt+F9 on an archive or F5 inside it), directories dates are not copied even though "Copy date/time of directories" checkbox is selected.

The same goes to "Preserve file dates" in FTP "Download" dialog which does not preserve dates of directories.

I believe the issue with unpacker is a bug and in case of FTP it may be an intended behavior, however for me it is rather annoying.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

When extracting files and directories from an archive using built-in unpacker (either using Alt+F9 on an archive or F5 inside it), directories dates are not copied even though "Copy date/time of directories" checkbox is selected.
This function isn't supported yet, it will be supported in TC7.51.
The same goes to "Preserve file dates" in FTP "Download" dialog which does not preserve dates of directories.
Sorry, this isn't currently supported, and there are currently no plans to support it.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
karlchen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *karlchen »

Hello, Christian.

The reported missing feature "Directories dates not preserved in unpack" has been added to T.C. 7.51b1 and still works in T.C. 7.55pb1.
history.txt wrote:15.12.09 Added: Unpack directory time stamps from archives if the archive contains the dirs (and not just files with relative paths) and copying of directory timestamps is enabled
Case closed.

Cheers,
Karl
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Thanks!
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
bobbozzo

Any way to disable?

Post by *bobbozzo »

Hi, although I see the utility of this, I'd actually prefer it be disabled.

However, I DO want directory timestamps preserved when COPYING directories, so I cannot simply turn off the option.

Any way this could be a separate option? Either in configuration, or on the "Unpack Files" dialog?

Thanks,
Bob