2 decimal points in size display

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

KucingLapar

2 decimal points in size display

Post by *KucingLapar »

Just wondering why there's no option to specify number of decimal points in size display (header and footer) and also column views :shock:
sqa_wizard
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *sqa_wizard »

number of decimal points
Sorry, there is only 1 decimal point defined in math ...

May you mean "number of thousands separators" ?
#5767 Personal license
KucingLapar

Post by *KucingLapar »

26.7GB ->26.75GB
sqa_wizard
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *sqa_wizard »

I see: "decimal places" is the word.

No, there is no such option.
If you need it more exact, just choose "Configuration - Options - Tabstops - Size display = bytes"
#5767 Personal license
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

They are called digits and can be set in my content plugin DirSizeCalc. It comes with a settings utility which allows detailed unit formatting customization.
http://lefteous.totalcmd.net/tc/dirsizecalc_eng.htm

Unfortunately content plugins like DirSizeCalc are not yet supported in status bar (but almost anywhere else).
KucingLapar

Post by *KucingLapar »

Lefteous

Nice one. Just exactly as I want but sadly it does not work over ftp (with PassThroughValues=1)
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2KucingLapar
Nice one. Just exactly as I want but sadly it does not work over ftp (with PassThroughValues=1)
This is a known bug in TC. It will be fixed in TC 7.51.
Boofo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Boofo »

KucingLapar wrote:Lefteous

Where is the PassThroughValues parameter used?
chmod a+x /bin/laden -- Allows anyone the permission to execute /bin/laden

How do I un-overwrite all my data?

User of Total Commander
#60471 Single user license
haddenharley

Post by *haddenharley »

I was having this problem on how to round a number into 2 decimal places. I have read some of the tutorials but with my case I don't know how to do it. i hope someon could help with this one. all the 3 input box should have 2 decimal places only.

thank you in advance.
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2Boofo
TC delivers a file size to a plugin in places where the plugin cannot retrieve the file size itself. This is currently FTP and inside archives.

2haddenharley
I was having this problem on how to round a number into 2 decimal places. I have read some of the tutorials but with my case I don't know how to do it. i hope someon could help with this one. all the 3 input box should have 2 decimal places only.
What do you mean with "all 3 input boxes"? Can you give a little more context please.
Boofo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Boofo »

Lefteous wrote:2Boofo
TC delivers a file size to a plugin in places where the plugin cannot retrieve the file size itself. This is currently FTP and inside archives.
Thanks for the info. Is this parameter new? What INI would it be set in? I didn't see anything about it anywhere in the help file.

User of Total Commander
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2Boofo
Thanks for the info. Is this parameter new? What INI would it be set in? I didn't see anything about it anywhere in the help file.
This is completely handled by the plugin that supports this feature - no user setup required.
Boofo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Boofo »

2Lefteous.

Ahh, OK, thanks. That explains why I couldn't find it in the help file. ;)

User of Total Commander
DRP535

Post by *DRP535 »

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I was wondering if it's still the case that you can't have file/folder size displays under the Tabstops configuration option with two decimal places? I have a need for two decimal places, but the only basic user configurable options are for x.x k/M or x.x k/M/G.

I really want x.xx k/M or x.xx k/M/G. Is it possible somehow by manually tweaking the config files or via plug-in of some sort?
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

DRP535,
Why don't you just check the options? It's faster than entering your question into a forum. ;)
Size display
Determines how the file size is shown in the main file lists. You can choose between
bytes The size is shown in bytes, as in previous versions of Total Commander (default)
kbytes Size is shown in kbytes. 1 kbyte = 1024 bytes!
dynamic (x k/M/G) depeding on the file size, it is displayed in bytes, kbytes, MBytes or even GBytes
dynamic (x.x k/M/G) same as above, but with one digit after the decimal point to get a more exact size
dynamic (x k/M) depeding on the file size, it is displayed in bytes, kbytes, or MBytes
dynamic (x.x k/M) same as above, but with one digit after the decimal point to get a more exact size
dynamic (x k/M/G/T) the size is displayed in bytes, kBytes, MBytes, GBytes, TBytes
dynamic (x.x k/M/G/T) same as above, but with one digit after the decimal point to get a more exact size
dynamic (x.xx k/M/G) two digits after the decimal point in kBytes, MBytes, GBytes
dynamic (x.xx k/M/G/T) two digits after the decimal point in kBytes, MBytes, GBytes, TBytes
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.