Network failure when synchronizing

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Raymonddeniet

Network failure when synchronizing

Post by *Raymonddeniet »

Hello,

I have a synchronization problem with TC 7.5.

I have Windows7 Enterprise 64 bit installed.
When I synchronise a local harddisk with my NAS drive, comparing works but not good, and when I click on synchornise after a few minutes my network fails and I get the error about writingfailure.
When rightclicking on the network icon and perform a troubleshoot it is solved. Doing it again, the same problem.

When comparing it sees files that are the same on both drives, but according to TC the are not.

When I used Vista ultimate 32bit I didn't have this problem.
When I use now on my 64bit another synchronizing tool no such problem at all.

Can anybody help me out?
I have updated the firmware of my NAS Lacie 1TB Networkspace.

Thanks.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Apparently you get read errors. TC uses normal ReadFile calls to read from all drives in the compare function, so I don't see any reason why it should fail in TC but not in other programs...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Raymonddeniet

Post by *Raymonddeniet »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Apparently you get read errors. TC uses normal ReadFile calls to read from all drives in the compare function, so I don't see any reason why it should fail in TC but not in other programs...
Thank you for yur answer. Indeed I do get read errors.
And I wasn't pointing. I was just distilling things.
I tried another router, new lancables. Nothing helped. I thought to put the question here. Maybe someone knows or it might be something with TC.
But if it is not then I know I don't need to look into that direction.

Another synch tool I used did it once and ever since the same error. So it must be something else....
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

So apparently it's neither the cable nor the router. What remains?
1. The NAS - there were similar troubles with NAS devices when Windows Vista was introduced, so it may be an incompatibilty with Windows 7
2. Your network card or onboard network - you would get problems with traffic to other PCs in the net too then...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Raymonddeniet

Post by *Raymonddeniet »

Point 2 is not the case. Because the problem is there too when I try to do this from another computer.

Point 1 I will take a look at. This might be the case. I'll contact lacie about this.

Thank you so far.